Disappointed By Aircraft in MSFS 2020

I'm a pilot in real life, and , after 15 years using Fs2004, then FSX, I have to say I'm not happy with the aircrafts in MSFS 2020.

-first : they are very uncomfortable to pilot in the cockpit, you always have very bad views on the instruments and knobs; in real life, even if some instruments aren't always right under your eye, you never have to loose sight on the exterior to tune or manage something! We definently lack pop-up windows, or 2D panel !

- so few aircraft and no beautiful classical props or jets, no amphibian, Dehavilland, ...

- moreover : some panels aren't that beautiful (cessna citation), nor operational ...

Yves Thiébaut

Edited by Nels_Anderson

I'm a pilot in real life, and , after 15 years using Fs2004, then FSX, I have to say I'm not happy with the aircrafts in MSFS 2020 :

-first : they are very uncomfortable to pilot in the cockpit, you always have very bad views on the instruments and knobs; in real life, even if some instruments aren't always right under your eye, you never have to loose sight on the exterior to tune or manage something! We definently lack pop-up windows, or 2D panel !

- so few aircrafts and no beautiful classical props or jets, no amphibian, Dehavilland, ...

- moreover : some panels aren't that beautiful (cessna citation), nor operational ...

Yves Thiébaut

Also a pilot, if that is relevant, (Commercial and 3200 hrs) in the "Real world", but all views of the cockpits are easily available on the keyboard settings, just use the up/down/L/R arrows and move your viewpoint and have a set key (or space bar) to get back to normal flying view. Other planes will come oh and BTW ALT and + let you move the windows out to another monitor. I move the Garmin 1000 to a 2nd monitor to be able to see it all the time and then fly with view forward and mostly outside unless in hard IFR.

Windows 11 MB MSI X-570 -A Pro, CPU--AMD Ryzen 5-5600 3.7 GHz, 6 core, 16G Ram, DDR 3600 MHz AMD Radeon 6800 Graphics card.

Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, Saitek Autopilot and Switch panel, Echo (Arduino build) autopilot and controller, Saitek Rudder pedals. 3 Monitors.

Oculus Rift 2 Virtual Reality headset.

I move the Garmin 1000 to a 2nd monitor to be able to see it all the time and then fly with view forward and mostly outside unless in hard IFR.
How do you do that?
i7-10700K, ASUS Prime Z490-P motherboard, 32 gig, GTX 1080 Ti, 1TB M2 drive, Thrustmaster T16000M, Logitech Rudder Pedals , xbox controller.

If you install the Working Title Mod for the Citation, that aircraft is very capable and reliable for good IFR flights.

Also, the Aerosoft CRJ that just came out as PayWare is quite complex and far exceeds the stock msfs aircraft.

I'm a pilot in real life, and , after 15 years using Fs2004, then FSX, I have to say I'm not happy with the aircrafts in MSFS 2020 :

- so few aircrafts and no beautiful classical props or jets, no amphibian, Dehavilland, ...

Yves Thiébaut

May I suggest you give VR a try, you will feel more at home inside the cockpit, instead of looking in from the outside (screens) you're looking out from the inside.. and you also see the true perspective of the runaway coming up at you.... Cannot recommend VR in MSFS2020 enough!

Edited by daspinall

ASRock X570 TAICHI Mother Board

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.79 GHz *Overclocked*

Corsair 240mm H100i ELITE CAPELLIX RGB Intel/AMD CPU Liquid Cooler

Corsair DOMINATOR PLATINUM RGB 64GB 3600MHz *Overclocked*

MSI NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 Ti 24GB SUPRIM X Ampere.

1000W PSU. Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD. HP Reverb G2 + Oculus Quest 2

Samsung Odyssey G9 C49G95TSSR - QLED monitor - curved - 49" - 5120 x 1440 Dual Quad HD @ 240 Hz

May I suggest you give VR a try, you will feel more at home inside the cockpit, and you also see the true perspective of the runaway coming up at you.... Cannot recommend VR in MSFS2020 enough!

I was thinking the same thing. I bought the Just Flight Piper Arrow III last night. Flying it in VR is amazing.

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

I was thinking the same thing. I bought the Just Flight Piper Arrow III last night. Flying it in VR is amazing.

Regards

Steve

My landings have never been so easy in light aircraft in VR!!

ASRock X570 TAICHI Mother Board

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.79 GHz *Overclocked*

Corsair 240mm H100i ELITE CAPELLIX RGB Intel/AMD CPU Liquid Cooler

Corsair DOMINATOR PLATINUM RGB 64GB 3600MHz *Overclocked*

MSI NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 Ti 24GB SUPRIM X Ampere.

1000W PSU. Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD. HP Reverb G2 + Oculus Quest 2

Samsung Odyssey G9 C49G95TSSR - QLED monitor - curved - 49" - 5120 x 1440 Dual Quad HD @ 240 Hz

Just adjust the camera height and settings in the General Menu under cameras. Not that hard to do to get the view you want. I think this was just a wanting to rant post. :/ SMH. As far as your 2D panel wishes, different sim, different programming, that is a thing of the past and was becoming obsolete with FSX. We'll have to get used to that.
Thermaltake Ryzen Gen 9 3900x 12 cores, 4.6 ghz 32 gig of Ram, Liquid Cooled Everything.

I personally hate 3D cockpits, always have, and I've been simming since FS Ver. I. Hate having to start searching for instruments readouts (after scanning for traffic left or right) while tying to land or takeoff, etc. So I sure hope MSFS will incorporate a 2D panel someday - maybe even via payware?

For sfojimbo Right ALT and move mouse over the G1000 then move it wherever you want. Edited by jrdale210
addressee

Windows 11 MB MSI X-570 -A Pro, CPU--AMD Ryzen 5-5600 3.7 GHz, 6 core, 16G Ram, DDR 3600 MHz AMD Radeon 6800 Graphics card.

Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, Saitek Autopilot and Switch panel, Echo (Arduino build) autopilot and controller, Saitek Rudder pedals. 3 Monitors.

For sfojimbo Right ALT and move mouse over the G1000 then move it wherever you want.
Cool, I'll set up a second monitor for that. Is there a way to do the same for the second G1000 screen? That would let me move back inside the cockpit instead of always using external view.
i7-10700K, ASUS Prime Z490-P motherboard, 32 gig, GTX 1080 Ti, 1TB M2 drive, Thrustmaster T16000M, Logitech Rudder Pedals , xbox controller.

I personally hate 3D cockpits, always have, and I've been simming since FS Ver. I. Hate having to start searching for instruments readouts (after scanning for traffic left or right) while tying to land or takeoff, etc. So I sure hope MSFS will incorporate a 2D panel someday - maybe even via payware?

I got used to 3D, but miss the crispy clear quality of 2Ds, eye friendly to the vets.

Dont like the distortion when you zoom your eye in or out. The window-frames get all alongated giving an unreal look, people accept it cause theres nothing that cant be done but its a serious negative about 3Ds

One thing funny though, is that a more sophisticated cockpit than the 3D is the home-made cockpit, using 3 monitors or TVs. The screens only show outside window cause the instruments are in hardware for real. OK. But some simmers will have part-hardware only, like throttle pedestal, pedals, and the main panel is shown as a fixed window in one of the monitors while another or more show the exterior.

The funny thing is that this is exactly a 2D fixed panel

Edited by Kapitan

Kapitan

Anything I say is...not as serious as you think

Cool, I'll set up a second monitor for that. Is there a way to do the same for the second G1000 screen? That would let me move back inside the cockpit instead of always using external view.

Sure same process. but they come up as split screen and are smaller then. Alt + works for several devices. I run on 3 monitors.

• 1 year later...
With respect, as a pilot in 'real live' you should know that the plural of 'aircraft' is 'aircraft'................

'real live'??

Before you make a point of others grammar, you might want to look at your own....

I had the Oculus Rift S at first but got tired of the screen door effect of the larger pixels. I switched to the HP Reverb G2 a year ago and would never go back.

MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus Motherboard, I9-10900K 5.1 Ghz, 64 GB 3200 DDR4 Ram, Nvidia RTX 4080 16GB V-Ram, 1 TB NVMe M.2 Drive For Windows 11, 2 TB NVMe M.2 Drive For MSFS, 850W P/S, HP Reverb G2 VR Headset, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit, Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder Pedals.

I had the Oculus Rift S at first but got tired of the screen door effect of the larger pixels. I switched to the HP Reverb G2 a year ago and would never go back.

Same here :) (except I had the Rift CV1 before getting the G2)

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles