Problem after installing RX8600xt graphic card

With the RX6800XT I'm getting long pauses in flight, everything is set to ultra by default

and run very smooth except for the pauses

I use to have RX5700 with all the sliders set to high and never had those pauses

could it be something running in the background? any ideas? or is my processor bottlenecking my graphic card

(My stats are below)

Processor: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 3.7 GHz /Graphics: Red devil RX6800XT 16GB /MB: X570 Gaming WiFi / ram: 32GB@3600 MHz /500GB M.2 Drive /1TB SSD /3-Asus 27" Displays.

What is your internet connection speed?

One GHz!

Processor: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 3.7 GHz /Graphics: Red devil RX6800XT 16GB /MB: X570 Gaming WiFi / ram: 32GB@3600 MHz /500GB M.2 Drive /1TB SSD /3-Asus 27" Displays.

I see you have three monitors.. are you running MSFS across all three? If so, then it’ll struggle if everything is on ultra.

Even if you’re only using one screen, I would try reducing one or two settings.. rendering being the main one. I wouldn’t go more than 100

Do you still get the pauses if you change everything to high?

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

I see you have three monitors.. are you running MSFS across all three? If so, then it’ll struggle if everything is on ultra.

Even if you’re only using one screen, I would try reducing one or two settings.. rendering being the main one. I wouldn’t go more than 100

Regards

Steve

Thanks Steve I found the problem, I had my rolling cache turned off, so I turned it back on and no more pauses.

I don't know why though, it would seem that streaming straight from the internet with one GHz speed should be faster,

maybe because there's a lot of streaming in my house. you know two daughters and a wife ;)

Regards

Steve

No I'm only using one monitor at the moment, waiting for MS to implement multiple monitors.

I do have an HP G2 reverb VR head set but for some reason HP has some problems with an error code 4-1.

Glad it’s working again. 1 gib is probably 10 times that’s required so you shouldn’t have any problems there LOL

I have three TVs setup and used to use them all, with MSFS stretched across all three in windowed mode. It actually worked quite well but the FPS was reduced.

I now use the Reverb G2. There’s no comparison. I don’t know what’s causing your error though. Bit of an odd one

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

This sounds like the stuttering and low FPS issues that many users are having since Sim Update 3.

There are plenty of "fixes" being suggested on the official forums, but none work permanently or even at all for some.

We must all wait for a patch to be released and on past form that probably won't be until World Update 4 in April.

Edited by tiger1962

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Head over to the Microsoft Flight Simulator forums. Update #3 has broken the performance of the sim. There are over 600 posts now about this issue. It's a very good chance it's not your video card. My system was running smoothly, no pauses, FPS drops, or stutters prior to the update. But now hundreds, maybe more, people are having the issue you are describing.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/severe-performance-problem-in-1-14-5-0-identified-and-reported/376863/107

Head over to the Microsoft Flight Simulator forums. Update #3 has broken the performance of the sim. There are over 600 posts now about this issue. It's a very good chance it's not your video card. My system was running smoothly, no pauses, FPS drops, or stutters prior to the update. But now hundreds, maybe more, people are having the issue you are describing.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/severe-performance-problem-in-1-14-5-0-identified-and-reported/376863/107

Thanks, that could very well be my problem

Glad it’s working again. 1 gib is probably 10 times that’s required so you shouldn’t have any problems there LOL

I have three TVs setup and used to use them all, with MSFS stretched across all three in windowed mode. It actually worked quite well but the FPS was reduced.

I now use the Reverb G2. There’s no comparison. I don’t know what’s causing your error though. Bit of an odd one

Regards

Steve

my G2 worked the first time I used it but I put it away until I bought my new graphic card

and when I plugged it in after I got my new card I got the error code 4-1 so Ill have to wait

and see if anybody figures it out

my G2 worked the first time I used it but I put it away until I bought my new graphic card

and when I plugged it in after I got my new card I got the error code 4-1 so Ill have to wait

and see if anybody figures it out

I understand the 4-1 error is supposed to mean the G2 isn’t connected to a USB 3.0 socket. Have you tried a different socket?

Regards

Steve