I Got a New Job: the Motor City to the Windy City

I've mentioned in a few of my posts that I use a program call 'A Pilot's Life' by Simbitworld which is basically an alternative to virtual airlines. The nice thing about this program (among other things) is if you get bored flying for the same airline, you can apply for a different airline and not have to start from the bottom. I've flown for Allegiant and Frontier for a while, but I decided it was time to give the third US low cost carrier that operates Airbus a try and took a job at Spirit. Today we take our first flight in the a320neo, a quick afternoon hop from Detroit over to Chicago O'Hare.

Spirit_1.jpg

Baggage loading in progress on a cloudy afternoon

Spirit_2.jpg

If we were parked any closer to the tower we'd be in it

Spirit_3.jpg

Waiting for the Airport Operations van to get out of the way so we can push back

Spirit_4.jpg

I learned the hard way that the taxiway diagram does not match MSFS even a little bit, but eventually we reached the runway and received our clearance to line up on 27R

Spirit_5.jpg

Climbing away from Detroit and the clouds are starting to clear up

Spirit_6.jpg

After only 20 minutes we're already approaching Lake Michigan

Spirit_7.jpg

Finishing our quick crossing of Lake Michigan and approaching the Chicago area

Spirit_8.jpg

Downtown Chicago visible under the right wing as we descend into O'Hare

Spirit_9.jpg

Slowing down and getting configured for landing on 4R as O'Hare comes into view. The winds were calm, so the Windy City failed to live up to its nickname

Spirit_10.jpg

After a one hour flight we're at the gate and offloading baggage. In typical LCC fashion the baggage for the return trip will be loaded shortly along with the passengers for the return leg, and before you know it the yellow Airbus will be crossing Lake Michigan heading back to Detroit

Thanks for viewing!

Ryzen 5 3600X | RTX 2060 | 32 GB 3200 G.Skill RAM | 1TB Crucial P1 NVMe M.2 SSD

Thanks Larry!

Nice set again Chris. Bring me back one of those authentic Chicago Style Pizzas too while your on your way back if you can!

Thanks Johnny! We're living that LCC life with Spirit, so unfortunately we only had a few minutes to get the turnaround done.

Ryzen 5 3600X | RTX 2060 | 32 GB 3200 G.Skill RAM | 1TB Crucial P1 NVMe M.2 SSD