Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ATC Stops Transmitting

Default ATC Stops Transmitting

Hi all,

Why would my ATC stop transmitting part way through a flight? 2 totally different aircraft, different places, but both sometime into the flights. In the 2nd case, for example, climbing through 200 I get an instruction to climb to 28,000. I have no option to allow me to acknowledge the instuction, only "Nearest Airport List" and no further transmissions. It's only just started doing this. In the first case I was just approaching my given Flight Level of 310.

Allan

It sounds like you may not have acknowledged a transmission. ATC will then drop you from your IFR flight. I think if you bring up the ATC window there should be an option to create your IFR flight again (Don't click on start at the airport again) and continue on with your IFR flight with some new instructions from ATC.

It does happen from time to time that ATC just plain forgets about you. You then have to re-establish your intentions with them.

The option you are looking for is "Create or open and IFR flight plan".
    Last edited by mrzippy; 03-05-2021 at 07:55 PM.
    Mr Zippy Sent from my keyboard using "Whackamole", NudgeAKey + 2 Fingers

No flight Sim installed until I get a new computer.

Blog Entries

if you don't follow instruction fast enough they will eventually give up on you.
    Maybe your altimeter was not set correct. You will then not be at the given altitude-->and get dropped from atc after a while.

Sorry guys, that's not the answer in this case. In the second flight I was actually in communication with them and had just acknowledged an instruction. In both cases the transmissions stopped without any options other than nearest airport list.

At first I thought it might have been because of a change of scenery, but that wasn't the case. The only common factor was the fact it was the same flight plan (but a different aircraft), so I'll try it tomorrow with a fresh plan.

Allan

Quote Originally Posted by ac103010 View Post
    Sorry guys, that's not the answer in this case. In the second flight I was actually in communication with them and had just acknowledged an instruction. In both cases the transmissions stopped without any options other than nearest airport list.

At first I thought it might have been because of a change of scenery, but that wasn't the case. The only common factor was the fact it was the same flight plan (but a different aircraft), so I'll try it tomorrow with a fresh plan.

Allan
    Allan, If it happens again, could you take a screenshot of the ATC window so as to see the available options?

Will do, Mr Zippy.

Different aircraft, different flight plan, different departure airport. Had just accepted a handoff to Perpignon.

And it froze here. Sim kept running, just ATC.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fault - FSX ATC 2.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	209.8 KB 
ID:	225702

Allan

Perpignan! Great place and great food. Been there several times when visiting Southern France. So, your callsign is 25 and your acknowledged the handoff to Perpignan Approach. So you were not given the chance for your radio to auto-tune to the new freq?

You say Sim was running but ATC window froze? Could you manually tune the radio to the new freq 120.75?

Are you running FSX from Discs or do you have FSX-SE (Steam Edition). Sounds like ATC has a hitch in it's getalong!
    Last edited by mrzippy; 03-07-2021 at 08:42 AM.

MrZippy, didn't try retuning. Never had to do it in 12 years. But will trty next time.

When I say froze I meant stopped transmitting. As I said, I'll try to retune.

Call sign is 25 because FSX doesn't recognise Aviaco. But I hope I've rectified that.

Will update you.

Allan

Oh, and FSX is installed off discs.

Allan

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast