Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ATC Stops Transmitting

Quote Originally Posted by ac103010 View Post
    Oh, and FSX is installed off discs.

Allan
    OK, I asked because doing a "Repair" from discs can be a royal pain the rear! Lots of problems can happen if not done correctly. A Repair is the last thing I would recommend.

In your ATC box when you see "No messages to transmit to anyone" after a handoff, that's not a good thing.

Try reading through this thread: https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/4...mit-to-anyone/

Also try Doing a Google search for fsx no messages to transmit to anyone
    Last edited by mrzippy; 03-07-2021 at 03:00 PM.
    Mr Zippy Sent from my keyboard using "Whackamole", NudgeAKey + 2 Fingers

No flight Sim installed until I get a new computer.

Thanks Mr Zippy. Tried both but neither helps.

I tuned the comm radios manually but had no effect.

One solution suggested was to re plan the flight, but because I'd already done that by planning for another departure airport I guess that won't do, either. Going to have to check the effect of assed scenery, I guess.

Tried removing my Catalunya scenery, which covers the region I was flying in. I also reversed the flight and created a new flight plan from Cardiff.

Same problem. In the last 2 attempts I've had the same problem but added to it I got Nearest Airport list.

Allan

Does it happen in other parts of the world? USA, Australia, Asia, etc? Not starting from any kind of "saved" flight? Not starting your "Default" flight first, then making changes?

Not starting from default or saved flights and so far I've tried flights starting in Spain and the UK. Will try further afield tomorrow. On my knees, tonight.

Allan

OK. So using the same aircraft, not a default or saved flight, I created a new flightplan from Singapore to London. On handoff from Approach I got the same problem. Just No Messages To Transmit.

I removed some areas of mesh scenery and reset the flight. Everything seems to work, now, I got 2 handoffs and 3 level change instructions.

Later, will go back to my previous flights to try them again. Then I suppose some detective work (grrrrr) to find the culprit.

I'll update you all later.

Allan

Interesting that it may be faulty scenery area!

Seems I was wrong. I returned to a previous flight and had the same problem. Each time I've had the problem it seems to be on handoff from Approach contoller to en route.

Oh well, it's back to the drawing board.

Allan

MICROSOFT ARE AN ABSOLUTE NIGHTMARE!!!!

I'm having an issue at the moment with my DVD player so not able to play around with Acceleration, so I decided to try Microsoft. Sheeesh. What a disaster.

The usual long wait and then the recorded options didn't include help for flight sims, so I chose Windows option, thinking at least they'd put me through to the right department. Asked me what the problem is. I knew this was a waste of time but went through the motions, STRESSING it is FSX. They put me through where I was asked what the problem is, only to be told, "this is the XBox helpline, but I'll transfer you".

So, where did they transfer me to? The Windows help section! I was, of course, asked what the problem is. Grrrrrr. I told them, getting briefer and briefer eveytime. So they transferred me. Where to? You've guessed it, XBox !!!!!!. Again, transferred......to Windows.

Struggling to keep my cool. But this time, the guy I was talking to said he knows a bit about FSX and would talk to someone who could help, if I'd hold for a short wile.

ONE HOUR LATER I was still holding. Whereupon I hung up.

So, after nearly 1 1/2 hrs I'm still none the wiser.

Allan

FINALLY, got to message their Zendesk, their tech line for slight sims, contacted via email, only to be told they don't support earlier versions of Flight Sims, only the most recent. They say the "Flight Sim Community" will be able to help. ?????

I can feel a reinstallation coming on. GRRRR.

Allan

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast