Hi I have a problem with my joystick which as been working fine for a cheapo, When i am using the throttle say on take off as I move the slider it gets to half way then shoots forward clearly not what it should do in my opinion, not being that good with joystick settings i am finding it difficult to fix it.

I am using fly by wire mod, and have dead zones set to 9% have I got something wrong with my settings I wonder if anyone as experienced this problem and managed to fix it ,any help or Advice would be much appreciated.

I know controllers in general can be a pain in the bum ,and i am sure there are numerous posts about them after searching I was unable to find anything .

I also tried to increase my frame rates lol I followed a video on youtube omg what a disaster I had to go back and change it all ,so i have Knocked that on the head and am resigned to being satisfied with what I am getting still experimenting with settings a little not to really increase fps but just get good graphics settings the trouble is i dont understand what half of the setting do,

Anyway if anyone as any idears it would be welcome.

Flight sticks are very limited at the moment and I have no room for a yoke i am waiting until the one i want becomes available if any can recommend a not to expensive one in the mean time it would be Appreciated.

Sorry for spelling.

kind regards

Andrew

Edited by Apollo212

Hi I have a problem with my joystick which as been working fine for a cheapo, When i am using the throttle say on take off as I move the slider it gets to half way then shoots forward clearly not what it should do in my opinion, not being that good with joystick settings i am finding it difficult to fix it.

I am using fly by wire mod, and have dead zones set to 9% have I got something wrong with my settings I wonder if anyone as experienced this problem and managed to fix it ,any help or Advice would be much appreciated.

I know controllers in general can be a pain in the bum ,and i am sure there are numerous posts about them after searching I was unable to find anything .

I also tried to increase my frame rates lol I followed a video on youtube omg what a disaster I had to go back and change it all ,so i have Knocked that on the head and am resigned to being satisfied with what I am getting still experimenting with settings a little not to really increase fps but just get good graphics settings the trouble is i dont understand what half of the setting do,

Anyway if anyone as any idears it would be welcome.

Sorry for spelling.

kind regards

Andrew

Two things come to mind

1-if you using a mod, disable the mod and see if that fixes it

2-have you calibrated the joystick via the Windows calibration tool (type joy.cpl in the Start toolbar)

Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce RTX 3070, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler-HP Reverb G2 for Virtual Reality

Thanks for your reply yes i have calibrated it in windows even tried downloading a driver for the stick made it worse I dont really want to disable the mod as it works fine, its the A320 mod which i fly quiet alot,but thanks for your sugestion and i will bear it in mind.

regards

Abdrew

I and many others have had this issue. The fix, as it turns out, is a simple one.

Go back to your joystick assignments and make sure you assign what you see below. Bind the joystick controls to the AXIS settings, not roll left, etc.

z4r9Xr2.jpg

Ryzen 5 5600x / NVIDIA 3060 Ti Founder's Edition / ASRock B450M Steel Legend Motherboard / 2TB Inland Premium TLC NVMe SSD / 32GB DDR4-3200 RAM / Monitor: Monoprice Zero-G 35" UWQHD (3440x1440 Ultrawide)

I thank you for your reply and the graphic, my controls were actually set as you are showing in the picture but its the Throttle i am having problems with the ailerons ,Elevator,and rudder were ok but i did reassign them anyway there seems to be a problem with the throttle slider I am beginning to think there is something wrong with the controller time for a new one I think :)

Skip the controller and go with a Yoke.

I was all joystick controller and switched to a Honeycomb Alpha.

I can't imagine going back.

I did keep my MS Sidewinder2 FFB just in case to fly fighters though.

....Signature not required for delivery....

**i7-9700k @ 3.60GHz, GeForce RTX 2070 Super, ROG Strix Z390-E, 32gb G Skill 3200 C16, 1 TB Pcie SSD, 850w Power**

**Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Logitech Throttle, Logitech Pedals**

i cant have a yoke as there is a keyboard shelf on my desk and it would be to much clutter nice idear though I did think about it ,but they are like rocking horse muck at the moment and the price as gone sky high lol excuse the pun.