Corporate-jet bandit at 12 o'clock!

I saw something today I've never seen in MSFS before: another simmer's plane apparently buzzing mine. I have MSFS set for "all players," so I routinely see all the ID nameplates for everyone who's even distantly sharing the sky with me when I'm taking off/flying/landing. But I never see their actual planes. As I was poking along from Watsonville to Monterey in my Cessna 172 this morning, I saw a twin-engine business jet with an attached nameplate --a Cessna Citation perhaps--whiz by overhead, and do a barrel roll! Next, I saw this pilot below me and then above me again. It felt like he/she was toying with my Cessna. I was so startled, I neglected to note their ID. Anybody on this forum want to fess up?
HP Omen 25L Desktop, Intel i7-1070 CPU, 32 GB DDR RAM, Nvidia 3070 GPU, 1 TB SSD, Logitech flight yoke, throttle quadrant, rudder pedals, multi-panel, radio panel, TrackIR 5

Hi Steve, it wasn’t me :) but I’ll fess up to a similar incident.

The other day while flying over London in my Utralight, I saw another one.. & in the same livery! I couldn’t resist flowing him/her for several minutes. When they turned..I turned.. etc. Just a bit of fun

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

Hi Steve, it wasn’t me :) but I’ll fess up to a similar incident.

The other day while flying over London in my Utralight, I saw another one.. & in the same livery! I couldn’t resist flowing him/her for several minutes. When they turned..I turned.. etc. Just a bit of fun

Regards

Steve

How close do you have to be to another simmer's aircraft to actually see it?

HP Omen 25L Desktop, Intel i7-1070 CPU, 32 GB DDR RAM, Nvidia 3070 GPU, 1 TB SSD, Logitech flight yoke, throttle quadrant, rudder pedals, multi-panel, radio panel, TrackIR 5

It depends on the type of aircraft I suppose (maybe 1/2 mile?) but if you go to any major airport or city you will usually see another simmer’s aircraft. Go to London City airport for example (EGLC) The place is swarming now because of the uk update.

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Hi Aptos,

It wasn’t me this time, but it might be me next time. :) I will sometimes fly formation with another plane for a while, sometimes even landing as a flight of 2. I hope it’s not disturbing anyone since you can’t actually crash into them and I mostly stay where Blue Angels #2 would be so out of their way.

Check your 6!

How close do you have to be to another simmer's aircraft to actually see it?

I'm not happy with whatever MSFS has set this to. If you go to any crowded city, the screen fills up with name tags of planes that are not even very close to you. The distance range strikes me as pretty large. It is more than a few miles. Maybe even 10 miles or more. This reduces the realism by such a large degree that I've just turned the name tag feature off.

I do participate in a couple of group activities now and then, and for those I turn the feature back on so I can see who else is in the group.

Aside: a very chillaxed, small group I will recommend to anyone interested in group flights is a weekly flight by Jules Altis, who explores and flies through a new national park once every week. He's a real pilot but the emphasis is not really on flying or the planes, but it's a cool way to learn about the national parks he randomly picks every week and enjoy the visual graphics of MSFS. Link: https://flightsim.to/profile/JulesAltis/uploads

Intel Core i7 10700KF (8-Core 5.1GHz Turbo Boost), RTX 3070 8GB, 32GB Dual Channel at 3200MHz, 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD. Monitor: Samsung C49RG9x. VR: Oculus Quest 2.

Wait untill xbox is released. I have no idea if they would be on the same server but if that's the case I would buy a giant box of chill pills.

Wise words hansb57; look what can happen in FSX multiplayer:

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

I had this happen to me. I was climbing out of MCO on the way to MIA. I just happened to look out the FO window and there was an F15 about 20 meters away. I have a freeeware import of an F15 that someone apparently had the same copy of. Next thing I know is he accelerates in front of me and then does a couple of rolls and then climbs away to the left hauling ass.

Thought it was pretty cool.

I dont have the traffic name plates on my screen because they annoy me.

....Signature not required for delivery....

**i7-9700k @ 3.60GHz, GeForce RTX 2070 Super, ROG Strix Z390-E, 32gb G Skill 3200 C16, 1 TB Pcie SSD, 850w Power**

**Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Logitech Throttle, Logitech Pedals**

This is exactly the reason I won't hire a private jet. I don't want some show off barrel rolling and spilling my champagne [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Actually if a barrel roll is done correctly you won't spill the champagne....................................:cool:

Hi Tim, thanks for the video. I thought it was hilarious! “Bail..bail.. Alt-F4” LOL

Regards

Steve

I think the fun of multiplayer is playing any game within certain rules of that game.

I remember CFS and the modified planes that shot you down with one shot.

That's was fun for that player and lasted around 30 seconds, everybody left.

You dont have to play MSFS like your a airline pilot, I dont. But I'm not going to ruin somebodys expirience after a 3 hour flight and buzz him on landing.

That's the reason I stopped trying multiplayer alltogether

Is it fun to stalk a point where new players spawn and shoot them after 2 seconds??

17-10700K, RTX3060TI, 32 ram, 500G M.2 SSD. Windows10, MSFS on 500 SSD