Rex 5 Sky Force 3d OR Other ?

Th1racer

I have never bought a add on for my FSX ! heck only have used a few free addons in decades of use.

Current PC is a lap top. Intel Core i5825ou CPU @ 1.6 ghz, 1800 Mhz, 4 Core, 8 Logical, RAM 8.0 GB Intel UHD Graphics 620, Adapter RAM 1.0GB...... Win 10 Direct X 12....

My Current rig does not meet the minimum for Active sky as im told that is the best weather add on. New rig being built but months away. Building to between recommended and Ideal Specs for MSFS 2020. Just want live weather for FSX until the new Flight Deck is done !

Question is, does anyone have any other pay Weather Addons that will work on my current PC ?

If i buy Rex or other today (on the Flightsim store :) ) and then get the new rig going in a few months can i move the weather addon on to a the new PC ?

Thanks !

Edited by Th1racer
FSX. As of now I have 3 laptops all utilizing & linked to FSX, 1 - 32" TV for Gages, 40" TV for Main View. Saitek Pro Flight Control System. Am building a new rig and flight deck. Most likely going to X-Plane 11 for Sim. Also might buy MFS2020 for the pretty Pictures.

I doubt there is much difference in resource usage beween Active Sky and Rex, so if I were you I would hold back on both until you have your new gear. Not being funny, but the last year of happenings have proved that you never know what is round the next corner in life.

Meanwhile there are several freebies out there that will work with FSX. Perhaps not as sophisticated as the above two, but it will keep you tickling along. I'm sure others will have their recommendations.

John

http://www.adventure-unlimited.org

My co-pilot's name is Sid and he's a star!

I doubt there is much difference in resource usage beween Active Sky and Rex, so if I were you I would hold back on both until you have your new gear. Not being funny, but the last year of happenings have proved that you never know what is round the next corner in life.

Meanwhile there are several freebies out there that will work with FSX. Perhaps not as sophisticated as the above two, but it will keep you tickling along. I'm sure others will have their recommendations.

John

Tried and extinguished the freebies.

I have researched Rex vs Active sky in the minimum Requirements. Per those Rex says it will work fine on my pc. My concern with active sky as i fall short of Requirements is that it will slowdown FSX and kill FPS !

Thanks !

FSX. As of now I have 3 laptops all utilizing & linked to FSX, 1 - 32" TV for Gages, 40" TV for Main View. Saitek Pro Flight Control System. Am building a new rig and flight deck. Most likely going to X-Plane 11 for Sim. Also might buy MFS2020 for the pretty Pictures.

As far as I know, FSX shouldn't be run on a Laptop full stop, according to Microsoft. But you have proved it can be done - but whether either product would work alongside is a pure gamble and nobody can promise you it will work satisfactorily.

All I can say is that on my desktop machine, you wouldn't know performance-wise whether either product is running or not.

As to the two products, Rex has an irritating issue which is why I abandoned it in favour of Active Sky. The latter is a far more advanced product.

John

As far as I know, FSX shouldn't be run on a Laptop full stop, according to Microsoft. But you have proved it can be done - but whether either product would work alongside is a pure gamble and nobody can promise you it will work satisfactorily.

All I can say is that on my desktop machine, you wouldn't know performance-wise whether either product is running or not.

As to the two products, Rex has an irritating issue which is why I abandoned it in favour of Active Sky. The latter is a far more advanced product.

John

Ya figured it would be a buy and see if scenerio.... Say if i buy. Once I get my new rig rocken can I use the same license on it ? pretty sher yes but as long as your are helping !

Ya I hear ya on the LapTop. I actually run 3 separate older laptops. Specs above are the " main.lol " one. All linked together for FSX. 2 separate older Tv's for main display and panel/gauge view. 1 Smart other linked in via the HDMI thru #2 laptop that is linked to #1 via Win 10 connect option. Other is on a network connection, simconnect client etc squeezing everything out of that I can ! I run my GSX settings in the high to max and still rock 50-80 FPS depending on the Airport im in....

Why I call the current build Hodgy 5.0. Would rather learn how to get everything i can out of a setup than simply go and buy one that I could easily do. MUCH more fun for me......

Thanks Again ! .

Ya figured it would be a buy and see if scenerio.... Say if i buy. Once I get my new rig rocken can I use the same license on it ? pretty sher yes but as long as your are helping !

I would certainly hope so, but check on their web sites/forums to be sure.

John

I would certainly hope so, but check on their web sites/forums to be sure.

John

Ya i have, got a Q out to Rex..... Wife says my squeaky _____ just needs to buy one or them.lol

THANKS Again for the help !

FSRealWx-lite

Live weather, Free, good.

Options you can set.

Be aware heavy cloud, rain, lightning storm, snowstorm, are heavy work for the processor. Always. Using default weather it's the same.

Options in FSRealWx-lite allow setting fewer cloud layers. (more layers would be more work forCPU).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

FSRealWx-lite

Live weather, Free, good.

Options you can set.

Be aware heavy cloud, rain, lightning storm, snowstorm, are heavy work for the processor. Always. Using default weather it's the same.

Options in FSRealWx-lite allow setting fewer cloud layers. (more layers would be more work forCPU).

Down Loaded and spent the 30 free days loven it ! All I need is live weather ! Was gonna buy but i see there is not a lot of activity in there forum and I have heard the product no longer come with support ! Gonna look closer at that today ! Will report back here when I find out.

As I have stated I have never purchased add ons ! I see FSrealWX is EUR 20.00. I live in America. Is that a issue ?

Thanks !