New Scenery in Community Folder does appear to work....

Hi,

I have just downloaded my first two scenery packs outside of the marketplace (slightim.to) I have extracted both zips and copied the folders to the community folder, but unfortunately that doesn't seem to work.

I have checked in Dev Mode, Watched Bases that I have used the correct community folder (I installed to a different location, and I have)

I have been copying the folder in, start sim, fly, exit sim, delete contents of community folder, start sim, fly trying to see any different and I cannot find any different with our without the folders in the community folder.

Is there a way to check if the flight sim "sees" the content or turning in on or off etc.?

What am I doing wrong?

Many Thanks

Jonathan

Hi, I presume you’ve copied the correct folders across?

Are the folders you’re supposed to copy, inside those folders for example?

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

Which scenery is it? Maybe someone here will have installed the same.

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Hi Jonathan, I have signed up to the site & downloaded both packages myself.

It was quite a straightforward process and I’m sure you will have copied the correct folders as I did...

but just in case, the ones you move are...

scenery-USA-disneylandca & senecadriver-los-angeles

You simply put them into your community folder & they should appear in the sim. I can’t say I had any problems & ive just been flying over Disneyland (& downtown LA before that)

I guess the issue must be down to your community folder.

When I installed MSFS, I put it on my second drive, installing to: D:\MSFS

as a result, my community folder address is simply D:\MSFS\Community. - that’s it. So simple to find and drop things in.

I’m guessing yours is hidden away somewhere or you have got more than one?

Regards

Steve

Thank you for your help with this and downloading them to try..... this is so weird as that is exactly what I did.

I installed MSFS to my F: drive so my community folder is F:\Flight_Sim\Community - I even checked this going into the Sim, then dev mode, then watched bases just in case and community folder is shown as this path, so all good.

I extracted the folders and then placed the extracted folder as you described into the community folder (nothing else in there) and started the sim..... nothing.... Hmmm

Is there a way to see if the Sim knows it is there / detected or turn it on / off?

Many Thanks for your help.

Not a problem, just hope you sold it.

As far as I know, there isn’t a way within the sim to enable/disable a particular area of scenery. I don’t know if it can be done in developer mode.

Of course there are the usual settings like.. terrain level of detail... buildings... objects level of details.. photogrammetry etc.

Probably nothing to do with it but.. when I installed the two packs, technically I didn’t extract them as such. I simply opened the zip file & copied the folders. Shouldn’t make any difference though.

There are one or two comments on other forums about addons /mods not showing in flight sim.

One suggestion is to move the community folder & then put it back. Presumably launching flight sim before putting it back? Not sure if it’d help but might be worth a try.

Regards

Steve

Edited by g7rta

This just gets stranger... just tried it again and it now appears to be working.... the only thing that is any different is that I powered down a while ago and powered up again to try it... I can't see why a reboot would make any difference, well a cold start after a few hours....

How odd, but it does seem to be working now....

Thanks for your help.

Jonathan

Hi Jonathan, yes very strange.

At least it’s working now! Happy flying :)

Regards

Steve