South East UK scenery addon released

Hi all,

This one is probably only of interest to pilots from the southeast of the UK but today I have released a handcrafted desgner shopping outlet which is a good landmark in the Ashford area of Kent as it has white tented roofs in a làrge, stretched horseshoe shape. It replaces the flat Bing image which exists in the sim.

I have done this one as it is not likely to be included in the UK update which is coming soon from Asobo.

Enjoy

Stinger

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

Well I'm not from the South East (although I have got relatives in Deal) but this is nice work, thank you Keith.

I was never any good with scenery myself, try as I might, I even failed with Instant Scenery object placer!

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Well I'm not from the South East (although I have got relatives in Deal) but this is nice work, thank you Keith.

I was never any good with scenery myself, try as I might, I even failed with Instant Scenery object placer!

Thanks Tim

I have an aunt who lives in Deal too. As I say, more of interest to pilots in the SE but hopefully someone can enjoy it.

I started object placing in FSX with RWY12 and then got into Tileproxy, which then got me into FSEarthtiles and downloading Bing images to make photoscenery. I was even able to make my own mesh eventually. My main problem became scenery files too big for me to upload and share though. It's surprising how starting with something simple can lead you into bigger and more complicated things.

I'm looking forward to being able to populate small airfields and gliding sites in MSFS and learning how to create objects from google data. I would also like to recreate a few of my local towns and villages once I have learned this google earth to msfs scenery malarkey. Hope you get to give it a go - It can be a veey rewarding pastime.

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

I started designing back in the FS2002 days and went on to designing aircraft too. I released an Airspeed Oxford with full VC back in the day but my skills were left behind by the payware guys so I started concentrating on scenery. I enjoy the learning aspect of it too. With MSFS being so good I am torn between flying and designing !

Best regards

Stinger

I'm not going to download it but only because I never fly that area.

Looks great.

I would say keep on designing and leave the flying to the "scenery ignorant"

17-10700K, RTX3060TI, 32 ram, 500G M.2 SSD. Windows10, MSFS on 500 SSD