FSX Weather server address...

vomacka

In my FSX.CFG I have this line in the Weather section:

WeatherServerAddress=fs2k.zone.com

Since this does not work, I wonder if it is possible to change the server address (fs2k.zone.com) to the one for FSXSE?.

What is the weather server address in FSXSE?

Don't know if this can be done.

Scott

Windows 10 Home 64bit. FSX Deluxe with Acceleration. Motherboard: ASUS Prime H310M-E R2.0 LGA1151 (Intel 8th Gen) DDR4 HDMI VGA H310 Micro ATX. Processor: Intel® Core™ i3-8350K. Video: EVGA GeForce GT 1030 DDR4, 02G-P4-6232-KR, 2GB SDDR4. Memory: Kingston (2X 8Gb) 16GB DDR4 2400Mhz.

Great Question. I have no clue if it will work so im following. I really hate adjusting anything inside the FSX folders ! Seems every person asking for help as FSX crashed say they have add on after addon and modified this and that....
FSX. As of now I have 3 laptops all utilizing & linked to FSX, 1 - 32" TV for Gages, 40" TV for Main View. Saitek Pro Flight Control System. Am building a new rig and flight deck. Most likely going to X-Plane 11 for Sim. Also might buy MFS2020 for the pretty Pictures.

In my FSX.CFG I have this line in the Weather section:

WeatherServerAddress=fs2k.zone.com

Since this does not work, I wonder if it is possible to change the server address (fs2k.zone.com) to the one for FSXSE?.

What is the weather server address in FSXSE?

Don't know if this can be done.

Scott

Already answered:

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?328668-Weather

What does your (FSXSE) "WeatherServerAddress" in the FSX.CFG say? Is it the same address as FSX? Or did they change it for FSXSE?

Scott

Windows 10 Home 64bit. FSX Deluxe with Acceleration. Motherboard: ASUS Prime H310M-E R2.0 LGA1151 (Intel 8th Gen) DDR4 HDMI VGA H310 Micro ATX. Processor: Intel® Core™ i3-8350K. Video: EVGA GeForce GT 1030 DDR4, 02G-P4-6232-KR, 2GB SDDR4. Memory: Kingston (2X 8Gb) 16GB DDR4 2400Mhz.

Ok, I found these lines online, for FSXSE...

WeatherServerAddress=https:\\fsx-rnd.azureedge.net\fsxweather\

WeatherServerPort=9999

WeatherGraphDataInDialog=0

AdjustForMagVarInDialog=1

DynamicWeather=1

What I might do is to "comment" out the old FSX lines and add these from FSXSE.

Scott

Nah... did not work.

I guess I will have to use FSrealWX.

Scott

I gotta tell you and all the users who seem surprised on a week or monthly basis about the default weather not working and all that rot. You're far, far better off with something like Active Sky 2016 with Active Sky Cloud Art. Though, Cloud Art not required. I bought both since I wasn't messing around with A) a cheap weather replacement because flying is all about weather and B) when Microsoft pulled their weather server I was like HELL NO! So I went with Active Sky based on what I read from them and how their engine is compatible with weather radar from Reality XP and the PMDG.

So looking at the price for both, I see at this site's store AS16 is $35 and Cloud Art is $23. So a $57 dollar investment in a waaay better weather rendering ability. Of course, Cloud Art not needed unless you want pretty clouds so a $35 dollar investment for a better weather engine with just AS16. https://store.flightsim.com/?s=active+sky&post_type=product Perhaps they or others will run a sale in the future. Seems like with each holiday they do for products from one flight Sim vendor to another or even the manufacture's themselves. So Valentine's Day (Singles Recognition Day) is coming up and so is St. Patrick's (Leprechaun Day). Then Easter (

). So just watch for the sales if you don't want to throw down the $57 for a better Sim environment right now.

The other thing I did was invest into some Helicopter traffic so I bought Flight1's HeliTraffic 2009. https://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=helitraffic Has been a pretty decent add-on thus far and I can compete and see helicopters now on take off and landing. Plus, they do show up on the radar in Little Navmap. Not on the TCAS in game though for some reason. At least not in my poor man's TCAS in my custom Lear 45 and F-22.

Anyway...

Edited by CRJ_simpilot