msfs 2020 installation issues

Hi All,

Just joined the forum and this is my first post...

My name is Stan Davies and I live in the North West of England in the city of Chester.

Ive bought MSFS 2020 for my Granddaughter (13) as she wants to train as a pilot - her Dad works for Airbus. I ended up having to build a gaming pc to run it, but thats another story..

Ive spent about 10 hours installing FS but Im having issues with launching as the app required the "game cd" every time I try to launch. I searched the web all day yesterday to find a solution but no luck.

Is there anyone here who may be able to help/advise..?

Thanks,

Stan

Hi, welcome to the forum!

I’m assuming you’ve got the MS Store download version? I think some people with this problem have simply logged out of the store & back in. No doubt somebody will correct me on that.

I would recommend downloading all the updates in the store though. Also when you downloaded the sim, did you also download Digital Ownership? If not, then that is a must.

Hope this helps

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

Hi, welcome to the forum!

I’m assuming you’ve got the MS Store download version? I think some people with this problem have simply logged out of the store & back in. No doubt somebody will correct me on that.

I would recommend downloading all the updates in the store though. Also when you downloaded the sim, did you also download Digital Ownership? If not, then that is a must.

Hope this helps

Regards

Steve

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your reply...

I bought the DVD version. It seems to be installed OK but every time I try and launch it I get a dialog box with "Please insert the Microsoft Flight Simulator Game Disc"

Ive tried many suggestions from web searches but nothing seem to work.

Its very frustrating and I dont know where I can get help as MS just seem to have bot type help thats of absolutely no use.

Kind Regards,

Stan

aahh.. the dvd version?

Extremely silly question... you have put disc 1 in the drive then? That is one of the requirements with the dvd version. You need disc 1 in the drive whenever you want to play.

Apparently there is a way around this though by creating an ISO file, but I can’t tell you anymore than that. Maybe someone else here can tell you how to do it.

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

aahh.. the dvd version?

Extremely silly question... you have put disc 1 in the drive then? That is one of the requirements with the dvd version. You need disc 1 in the drive whenever you want to play.

Apparently there is a way around this though by creating an ISO file, but I can’t tell you anymore than that. Maybe someone else here can tell you how to do it.

Regards

Steve

The DVD version requires the first DVD for functionality...

Thanks for the replies..

I bought the digital version yesterday...given that I spent most of yesterday and all of today on web chat with MS tech support ..I'm no further forward...I have to say this app is the biggest load of garbage I've ever had the misfortune to buy. I've now had to contact "zendesk", whoever they are, I'm not holding my breath to get this resolved ..

Pis*d off doesn't cover it..

Well, I'm here hanging my head in shame ...after the last post I made, the zendesk had sent me a mail message with instructions for resolving the loading/launching issue and its now fixed.

I've spent many hours on chat to Ms and xbox experts without success. Thank you MS flightsimutator zendesk..

Well, I'm here hanging my head in shame ...after the last post I made, the zendesk had sent me a mail message with instructions for resolving the loading/launching issue and its now fixed.

I've spent many hours on chat to Ms and xbox experts without success. Thank you MS flightsimutator zendesk..

Glad it’s sorted. It really is a fantastic sim. Many of us here have been using various versions for many years... this is the best without a doubt. It just takes a bit of getting used to & setting it up correctly. Keep us posted on how you’re getting on with it.

Regards

Steve

Glad it’s sorted. It really is a fantastic sim. Many of us here have been using various versions for many years... this is the best without a doubt. It just takes a bit of getting used to & setting it up correctly. Keep us posted on how you’re getting on with it.

Regards

Steve

Thanks Steve.

Ive built this pc and installed the game for my Granddaughter. We have no idea how to set it up or use it:o We also have Thrustmaster Airbus Edition joystick and pedals to connect and will most likely get the throttle quadrant.

Do you know of anyone in the Chester area that may be will to help us with it - we can provide loads of beer tokens...:rolleyes:

Kind Regards

Stan

Zendesk is the replacement for Windows User Support.

Hi Stan,

I wish I did. I’ve been through Chester a few times over the years (on route to N.Wales) but don’t know any more than that I’m afraid.

What I would suggest though is that you check out YouTube. There are hundreds of tutorials out there. I recommend ones by someone calling himself “Squirrel” he has done a series of excellent, easy to follow videos, like this one...

I’m sure you and your granddaughter will be flying in no time :)

Regards

Steve