plane flying crooked

I take off from air port, everything is fine. The longer I fly I notice the plane is leaning to the left. Thought maybe fuel was not being removed from wing or something. The longer if flys, the more it leans.

Can not figure it out. Any help would be helpful

hobbitrocks

Which plane is this happening with? If it's one of the GA planes, you're right about the wing fuel tanks - you have to look for the fuel switch and switch tanks manually so that they drain evenly. It's easy to select the OFF position by mistake so be careful!

The TBM930 has an auto fuel switch on the overhead which is very useful but easily missed.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Thank you for the suggestions. Will report back the results. I also re-calabrated my pedals and Yoke... CHPro

It is mainly happening on both of the business jets. FYI

hobbitrocks

Intell@core i-7 -107000, 8-core 3.8GHz turbo, NVIDIA GeForce RTX2070 8GB, 16 GBDDR4 -3000MHz memory, 480GB solid state drive, 1TB SATA III hard drive, Windows 10

I take off from air port, everything is fine. The longer I fly I notice the plane is leaning to the left. Thought maybe fuel was not being removed from wing or something. The longer if flys, the more it leans.

hobbitrocks

Have you tried telling it to straighten up and fly right?

...sorry, my wife's a musician and I couldn't resist. I need to get out more...

Ryzen 5 3600X, 16 GB 3733 MTs RAM, Radeon RX5700 OC, 2560 x 1080 Ultrawide

hobbitrocks

I had the same issue - flying in a straight line but with a continuous left bank.

Changing settings from Legacy to Modern fixed this for me as well.

i7-7700K 4.20GHz

MSI Z-270A Pro Series MB

32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 RAM

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 8Gb

WDC WDS240G1G01 240Gb SSD

Toshiba DT01ACA100 1Tb HDD

Seagate OneTouch 1Tb SSD

Seagate BUP 5Tb HDD

2 LG 4k 32" displays

Microsoft X05-63895 Sidewinder joystick

Logitech M325 mouse

Costco 14993BLK4E XL series folding chair

ACCO Model 40 stapler

Rubbermaid MFG295600 plastic rubbish bin

I had that happen several times. First I went from legacy to steam. That solved some problems but it still happens.

When I notice it I back out to the options screen and enter the game again (that is without quiting my flight) That solved any other problems that sometimes occur.

17-10700K, RTX3060TI, 32 ram, 500G M.2 SSD. Windows10, MSFS on 500 SSD

Change settings from Legacy to modern.

I have the same problem. Multiple planes.. when using autopilot, and I've narrowed the problem down to Heading control. The plane slowly applies more rudder and ailerons to fight it. I took this advice and tried "Modern" setting under >>Options/General/FlightModel ..and it temporarily fixed it, but the lean slowly creeps back. I'm going to assume it's a bug and wait for a fix.

-Doug.

It is a bug, I think. And for me it definitely happens on modern, not just legacy. But I found that it does not happen if I set the heading bug, then manually turn the plane as close as possible to the desired heading, and only then engage the heading hold. If you just set the bug, click HDG and let the plane do the turning, you get this problem. I think the AP gets confused between whether HDG means "hold current heading" or "hold the heading set on the heading bug."

August