How long will MSFS 2020 be almost complete bugs free? It seems like they are still working on it to be fix. I have played a few times recently and there are problems such as I could not fly the plane correctly for more than 10 minutes, the keyboard won't respond correctly, sometimes the game will shut down, and there are a lot of problems. I know you guys are going to ask if I missed anything or did not use it right but I have done this before on Steam FSX and I have the right desktop for this game. FSX is a lot better than the new one. I was able to fly smoothly with FSX and there were no problems at all. Does anyone have this kind of problem or is it just me?

I guess you must have missed a few remarks on this subject 'here and there'. Is your Flightmodel 'Modern' ? I fly MSFS also with KB and Mouse only. Further my system is truly minimal. MSFS is on an overcrowded HDD. Still with all options between low and minimal I have a pretty stable flight now, and can 'flare-land' on the numbers. I can live with the fact that: AP is a no-go in any plane, I can only fly:light single engine planes (no Extra), however Kingair does fly reasonably. I've had it from the start, still on 'Game-pass' through all kinds of product-promotions, now flying for free on 'X-Box Pringles' action. Just keep on trying, one way or another most of yr problems are due to some kind of error in your own setup, but look further then MSFS only. Edited by piet06273

I5 12600K - RTX3060TI - 32GB 3600 - M2 - WIN11 - FS8/9/X - MSFS - full ORBX UTX etc. 

zweefvlieg1987s.jpg

How long will MSFS 2020 be almost complete bugs free? I

Approximately 2 years, 5 months, 6 days, 17 hours and 22 seconds (at the time of writing).

But seriously, many of us are having issues of some kind. They probably should have waited to release the product. But it is what it is. All you can do is wait and enjoy what you can.

Ryzen 5 3600X, 16 GB 3733 MTs RAM, Radeon RX5700 OC, 2560 x 1080 Ultrawide

This new piece of software from France is NOT remotely related to FSX beyond both allowing simulated flight of make-believe airplanes over make-believe landscapes. Almost nothing else translates over from one to the other.

A surprising number of the problems reported on this forum have been resolved by users having the correct hardware up to the task at the minimum requirements (accepting that minimum hardware only allows running the sim at the lowest settings across the board), having the user set up parameters as suggested by the limitations of their hardware and having the user NOT load up any add-on software just yet.

At least that sure seems to be what I've been reading for a while. I can't speak to CTDs or these other issues directly as I've never experienced any of the problems once I upgraded my hardware to match the demands of Asobo's extensive offering.

Edited by chicagorandy

"Don't believe everything you see on the internet." - Abe Lincoln HP Pavilion Desktop i5-8400@2.8ghz, 16gb RAM, 1TB M.2 SSD, GTX1650 4GB, 300 MBPS internet, 31.5" curved monitor, Logitech yoke-throttle, Flt Vel trim wheel, TFRP rudder pedals, G/M IR headset, Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Wheel Stand Pro S Dlx

I guess you must have missed a few remarks on this subject 'here and there'. Is your Flightmodel 'Modern' ? I fly MSFS also with KB and Mouse only. Further my system is truly minimal. MSFS is on an overcrowded HDD. Still with all options between low and minimal I have a pretty stable flight now, and can 'flare-land' on the numbers. I can live with the fact that: AP is a no-go in any plane, I can only fly:light single engine planes (no Extra), however Kingair does fly reasonably. I've had it from the start, still on 'Game-pass' through all kinds of product-promotions, now flying for free on 'X-Box Pringles' action. Just keep on trying, one way or another most of yr problems are due to some kind of error in your own setup, but look further then MSFS only.

I'm pretty much flying the same way as you, no fancy plane or scenery and XBox pass from the start. But what's free 'X-Box Pringles' action?

How long will MSFS 2020 be almost complete bugs free? It seems like they are still working on it to be fix. I have played a few times recently and there are problems such as I could not fly the plane correctly for more than 10 minutes, the keyboard won't respond correctly, sometimes the game will shut down, and there are a lot of problems. I know you guys are going to ask if I missed anything or did not use it right but I have done this before on Steam FSX and I have the right desktop for this game. FSX is a lot better than the new one. I was able to fly smoothly with FSX and there were no problems at all. Does anyone have this kind of problem or is it just me?

Its not just you the sim blows right now.

I spent more than 50 hours since August and got only a few CTD and troubles during my many flights :cool:

Using a laptop (17" GTX980 4Gb so a not really performant and high level one) and joystick (old MS sidewinder I have since fs2000 ou fs98 !!) or new Honeycomb yoke

And I think it is absolutely great for almost "photo scenery" aspect in remote places (therefore not using P3D4 for example anymore despite many orbx or A2A addons and so i collected !) : so much better than before : see enclosed link for some pictures (screenshots from repaints I made) : https://flightsim.to/file/5536/piaggio-p149-sahara-cn-csb :-)

So I would suggest to look for the cause of your "unusual" troubles IMHO

Good luck and happy flights ;-) Jean Marc

That isn't true. If you have this level of problems, your setup is faulty in several ways. You probably have some conflicting controllers, some bluetooth devices, and maybe a faulty keyboard.
I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

I've noticed a lot of "glass half empty' guys starting to post on this forum. I'm thinking that if you can't enjoy this new beta product on the way to becoming a mature flight sim with it's bugs worked out, you should probably stick to the old ones you've grown to love and play.

For myself there is so much right with it that the lacks are minimal, but then I'm a "glass half full" type of guy. I know. That metaphor is now pretty much a cliche but it does adequately define some of the whining I read here.

I started beefing about this program when it first came out and then discovered most of my beefs were user error. It's a rather complex program and takes some time to get to know it. For the other lacks, Yup. Its a beta, but I'm enjoying the beta I paid for as it moves toward being a finished product. Hours of flights in New Zealand and the US. Scenery gorgeous in all the areas and The aircraft pretty much fly as aircraft are supposed to. (I can only speak for the Cessna 172, That flies like the real one pretty much. Course the one I fly is not nearly so up town in the cockpit. I'm supposing on the rest, though they seem to handle as one would expect.) I like it enough that I would rather get the year of use from an early release beta I paid for than wait til they had all the bugs fixed before I could use it.

By the way, I fly it on a four year old computer with some upgraded hardware. Still, MSFS flies smoother than some of the older 32 bit simulators. I do enjoy flying my older FS products though as I like some of my aircraft.

AMD 8350 Eight Core 4.0ghz oc'd to 4.4, 16 gig 2133 DDR3 64 bit ram, Microsoft Sidewinder Precision II. GeForce GTX 980Ti w/4gig

OS=Windows 10 64 bit, FSX w/Acceleration & P3d v3, 4, 5 REXII, OrbX

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

John

I tried a flight in the A320 today.

Take off fine, engaged autopilot plane flew fine for about 10 minutes.

Never touched anything.... plane went into hard left turn and headed to ground.

No mods.

Tried another flight with Citation.

Take off fine, engaged autopilot flew fine 15 minutes then hard turn and dive.. black out.

My PC is Dell gaming PC I9 with 64gig of RAM.

I fly xplane 11 with no issues. I would like to fly MSFS2020 but at the moment I don't need the frustration.

I tried a flight in the A320 today.

Take off fine, engaged autopilot plane flew fine for about 10 minutes.

Never touched anything.... plane went into hard left turn and headed to ground.

No mods.

Tried another flight with Citation.

Take off fine, engaged autopilot flew fine 15 minutes then hard turn and dive.. black out.

My PC is Dell gaming PC I9 with 64gig of RAM.

I fly xplane 11 with no issues. I would like to fly MSFS2020 but at the moment I don't need the frustration.

I fly xplane 11, fsx and fs9 without issue too, but have problems with the autopilot in this sim whatever the aircraft.

If it is, as suggested, a hardware problem, then the developers need to address it such that it works with standard mice, keyboards and flight controllers the same as other sims do.

I suspect, however, it is nothing to do with hardware, it is the sim itself. I suspect also that this is why the likes of Aerosoft and PMDG are delaying the development of add on aircraft. They know that in its present state it is too unstable to support them.

It is frustrating, I've given up on airliners for the time being, and limit myself to short VFR flights of no longer than an hour or so. For most other flights I use fsx. I believe that eventually things will be fixed, but being in the autumn years of my life, I somehow doubt that i will see it.

Geoff

I enjoy the challenge of IFR flights and different weather conditions.

If I want to just go joy riding I would fire up MFFS2020.

So I will hope the developers get the autopilots working so I can

take advantage of MSFS..

As a side note, when I tried MSFS earlier today it was suppose to be raining.

Setting was on Real Weather but wasn't even close to actual conditions.

You need to watch some videos on how the FS2020 autopilot works. I keep saying, it is very different than FSX! There are several levels of things to learn

Had you completely built a flight plan?

I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

There is no such thing as a MSFS2020 autopilot; there is a Garmin autopilot and there is Asobo's emulation of the Garmin autopilot. There is no need to file or store a flight plan in order to use the Garmin autopilot and there is no need to use a flight plan to use Asobo's emulation of the Garmin autopilot.

That being said, I have seen the FS Garmin autopilots in more than one plane attempt to climb beyond the capabilities of the plane, and in doing so cause a stall: the stall then disconnects the AP. I don't know if this is the way a real Garmin is supposed to work or not, but it is something to watch out for and it may be the cause of the above problem.

i7-10700K, ASUS Prime Z490-P motherboard, 32 gig, GTX 1080 Ti, 1TB M2 drive, Thrustmaster T16000M, Logitech Rudder Pedals , xbox controller.

The autopilot in FS2020 does work differently than those in FS2000-FSX. Many folks that are used to those simulations, may need to brush up on how it works in FS2020.

Point two, the initial post specifically addressed the A320. Since the A320 operates in both managed and selected (and I think managed is the default ), if you don't have a flight plan and go into AP, by default it won't have a plan to follow.

Why the need to nitpick every post? Who appointed you the proctor for this forum? most of us are just trying to help folks. We didn't come here to debate syntax!! Get over your ego and get back to enjoying aircraft!

I know how to use the autopilot's and how to create a full flight plan with ILS approach.

I program FMS, GTN750, Garmin 1000's etc in Xplane and have no problems.

I'm also a real life pilot so it is not from lack of knowledge that the aircraft have a mind of their own.

I've verified flight models, settings etc.

Maybe it's just the airport of specific fixes that cause the beserk behaviors.

I know how to use the autopilot's and how to create a full flight plan with ILS approach.

I program FMS, GTN750, Garmin 1000's etc in Xplane and have no problems.

I'm also a real life pilot so it is not from lack of knowledge that the aircraft have a mind of their own.

I've verified flight models, settings etc.

Maybe it's just the airport of specific fixes that cause the beserk behaviors.

The autopilot is bust. At least two of the patches have addressed issues with it, some things have been fixed, but the fixes have broken other things. Since I have explored every other avenue, I also suspect that it is the cause of a lot of the CTD's. Unfortunately, not being in beta testing mood, I refuse to sit and hold a stick for a three hour flight.

Geoff