Blank G1000 screens

I am looking for some assistance in figuring out why the G1000 screens have gone blank. Before Christmas they worked fine, now nothing; neither the MFD or the PFD are working. I mainly sim on C172 and other light aircraft (without AP) to build up skills at flight control. Not having MFD providing IAS, height, direction etc.. ruins the whole experience. I have tried flipping the Master and Avionics switches but with no effect. Any suggestions as to where else I look to find a soution will much appreciated.

Colin

PS also just noticed that 'AltGr + mouse click' fails to 'pop out' the G1000 screen and the cursor arrow keys no longer move the view of inside the cockpit

If you're using the Working Title G1000 mod you may need to update it to the latest version v0.3.4, the download links are at the bottom of this page: https://github.com/Working-Title-MSFS-Mods/fspackages

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

I mainly sim on C172 and other light aircraft (without AP) to build up skills at flight control.

Be aware that MSFS 2020 is very lacking in teaching proper rudder function. One can fly light planes in MSFS2020 without ever using the rudder except for landing. This is not so on real planes. In a real plane, operating the ailerons will make the plane tilt but that's all, the plane doesn't "turn". You need to add back pressure on the yoke or stick in order to get the aircraft to travel in an arc.

Surprisingly, I have found the Daher TBM 930 to be the most realistic where it comes to flight control (but I haven't flown them all).

If you're learning how to "fly" a plane, this book is mandatory reading: Stick and Rudder, by Wolfgang Langewiesche. You can get a copy on E-bay for $7 and shipping.

https://www.ebay.com/i/233842675313?chn=ps&norover=1&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-117182-37290-0&mkcid=2&itemid=233842675313&targetid=885285326120&device=c&mktype=pla&googleloc=9031935&poi=&campaignid=1669934603&mkgroupid=97005064294&rlsatarget=pla-885285326120&abcId=1123856&merchantid=6318734&gclid=Cj0KCQiA0MD_BRCTARIsADXoopbYQE5Y7FjJ7CLRm2nrpucSbQ-gGtOVpj_NVilFe7_OhTtGB2LlSCAaAkpXEALw_wcB

I can't say enough about that book, it is one of a kind.

I don't know what to say about your Garmin problem, are you sure you were in cockpit view? It sounds like you might have bindings problems.

i7-10700K, ASUS Prime Z490-P motherboard, 32 gig, GTX 1080 Ti, 1TB M2 drive, Thrustmaster T16000M, Logitech Rudder Pedals , xbox controller.

If you're learning how to "fly" a plane, this book is mandatory reading: Stick and Rudder, by Wolfgang Langewiesche. You can get a copy on E-bay for $7 and shipping.

Thanks for the heads up on'Stuck and Rudder'. I shall definitely buy it although here in the UK the going price is the equivalent of $22 - $24, but I suspect it is worth it.

Could you explain a little more by what you when you say 'bindings problems'. Not a trerm I'm familiar with.

Colin

Bindings are where you associate a command with a keyboard key, or a switch on a peripheral.

A common problem in FS is for someone or something to assign a command (ie: look left) and not remove the previous command for that key or function (ie: external view).

So in the above case, when the assigned key is pressed, a view to the left is expected but what actually happens, is the view switches from cockpit to external.

i7-10700K, ASUS Prime Z490-P motherboard, 32 gig, GTX 1080 Ti, 1TB M2 drive, Thrustmaster T16000M, Logitech Rudder Pedals , xbox controller.

Tim,Thanks for your response. I haven't used GitHub mods but considering doing so. Would you recommend it

Colin

Yes I would - Working Title's Garmin mods are a huge improvement on the default Garmin screens, and they are constantly updated regardless of 'official' MSFS updates.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

• 3 months later...
I am looking for some assistance in figuring out why the G1000 screens have gone blank. Before Christmas they worked fine, now nothing; neither the MFD or the PFD are working. I mainly sim on C172 and other light aircraft (without AP) to build up skills at flight control. Not having MFD providing IAS, height, direction etc.. ruins the whole experience. I have tried flipping the Master and Avionics switches but with no effect. Any suggestions as to where else I look to find a soution will much appreciated.

Colin

PS also just noticed that 'AltGr + mouse click' fails to 'pop out' the G1000 screen and the cursor arrow keys no longer move the view of inside the cockpit

Hi, I've recently downloaded the G1000 mod and have the same issue where there is only a blank screen when I switch it on. Did you get a resolution for your issue? Any tips.