Scenery issue after Dec. 22 update

After the Dec. 22 update, I have scenery problems at at least two airports (CZBA - Burlington, Ontario; and CNP3 - Arnprior, Ontario). The problem is that scenery bumps (almost small mountains) are showing up where they should not be. When you fly close to the bumps, they settle down and fade into the generally flat scenery.

They happen to be two airports that I fly from a lot, and are the only two that I had saved flights from, so I'm wondering if the saved flights are somehow interacting with the update. I've deleted the saved flights, but that doesn't solve the problem.

If anyone has a cause, or hopefully a fix, I would appreciate your help.

Picture1.png

That sounds like a data issue. What is your internet connection speed? Also what are your computer specs? This program pumps a huge amount of data. If the data chain is bottlenecked, it creates rips in the scenery which show as transient mounds or ridges. It can be from a slow internet connection, slow memory, or a CPU or GPU bottleneck sufficient to create the distorted data stream.
I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

I have seen this too.

Asobo seems to not have a good handle on the way they wrote the software. I am left with the impression that they have a convoluted mess on their hands.

This does not bode well for the future.

i7-10700K, ASUS Prime Z490-P motherboard, 32 gig, GTX 1080 Ti, 1TB M2 drive, Thrustmaster T16000M, Logitech Rudder Pedals , xbox controller.

It's a known bug with the latest update, hopefully there'll be a hotfix after Christmas.

Sent from my KFDOWI using Tapatalk

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

To answer plainsman's question, I clocked internet speed at 63 mbps. The computer is a new Dell gaming computer:

10th Gen Intel® Core™ i5-10400F processor(6-Core, 12M Cache, 2.9GHz to 4.3GHz)

NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1660 SUPER™ 6GB GDDR6

16GB, 2x8Gb, DDR4, 2666Mhz

128GB M.2 PCIe SSD + 1TB SATA 7200 RPM HDD 3.5"

If it was a general data problem, wouldn't you expect it to be a general issue with all or most airports, and not just the two that I had saved flights from?

And for smojimbo, I guess if it's an Asobo problem, there is no fix?

No fix until the next update.

In software programs there are local variables and global variables. Asobo seems to have more than a few local global variables.

With every update new bugs seem to pop up.

i7-10700K, ASUS Prime Z490-P motherboard, 32 gig, GTX 1080 Ti, 1TB M2 drive, Thrustmaster T16000M, Logitech Rudder Pedals , xbox controller.

Actually, I still think it is a data problem in spite of the known issue. You are loading the data for saved flights off a HDD as opposed to an SSD. That will be a slower data stream than your other processing and loading.
I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

It's at 2 airports from which I had saved flights. So, for a new flight, when I start up at either of those airports, the problem is in the vicinity of those airports.

I've deleted the 2 saved flights, but that hasn't solved the problem. New flights from either airport have the mounds/mountains.

It's nothing to do with disk drives or internet speed, here's one of the threads about it on the flightsimulator.com forums: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/after-today-update-i-get-spikes-on-terrain-and-and-mesh-problems-not-only-at-eddl/338732

Please click the blue VOTE button at the top of thread to get this issue to the top of the fixes 'to do' list at Asobo.

Edited by tiger1962

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

They’re near Leeds/Bradford too. Still, I can’t say I mind as I’ve just had a blast flying in VR!

I love it!!

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

Not a data issue as too many of us are getting it if you read other forums. I've noticed quite a few of these bumps in the UK especially around EGGD where I do a lot of my flying. They relate to the LOD in the new mesh and will be fixed in the next update.

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)