MSFS 2020 loading up issue need help

Can someone help me with an issue that I have? I was able to load MSFS and fly for a few days when I started the game again it would crash back to the desktop before it got to the checking for updates, I have done about everything that I have found to fix this. I uninstalled the FS and try to reinstall it and it still crashes at the flash screen just before checking for updates.

I have increased the virtual memory to 20g, I have uninstalled and reinstalled C++, I have updated my video drivers and chipset drivers and it still will only get the flash screen and crash

My system

Amd Ryzen 7 3700

Radeon RX580 8gb VRAM

32 gb RAM

With a 850w PS

Should be able to run this with no problems, but cant even get it started. Any help would be apparated

I have been the the zendesk with no real help I have been fly MSFS since ver 2 and would love to fly this one but as you can see I cant even load it up

Can someone help me with an issue that I have? I was able to load MSFS and fly for a few days when I started the game again it would crash back to the desktop before it got to the checking for updates, I have done about everything that I have found to fix this. I uninstalled the FS and try to reinstall it and it still crashes at the flash screen just before checking for updates.

I have increased the virtual memory to 20g, I have uninstalled and reinstalled C++, I have updated my video drivers and chipset drivers and it still will only get the flash screen and crash

My system

Amd Ryzen 7 3700

Radeon RX580 8gb VRAM

32 gb RAM

With a 850w PS

Should be able to run this with no problems, but cant even get it started. Any help would be apparated

I have been the the zendesk with no real help I have been fly MSFS since ver 2 and would love to fly this one but as you can see I cant even load it up

Hi, try launching it with your antivirus disabled.

Until recently, Microsoft’s own “Windows Defender” would block MSFS from launching. It’s supposedly been sorted now though.

If you are able to launch it with the antivirus off, then add the msfs folder as an exception.

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

Also, what controllers do you have? Controller conflicts can often be a cause of crashes. Even a bluetooth device you are not using may be a problem.
I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

unfortunately none of these has helped I have no other things connected to the computer I have turn defender off I have done everything that the zendesk asked me to do so far and nothing the I download the 1.3gb file run it and before MSFS can finishes loading the 91gb portion it crashes back to the desktop I beleive that most people is out of ways to help me I do thank each and everyone of you for your help if you can think of anything eles please let me know again thanks

Clear windows temp files

hard drive available space

try restart/full shutdown and startup

try again with av/firewall off to test

try disabling as many items from system tray

video driver check for updates?

Did anything change since the last day it worked?

Did your reinstall go to the same or different path?

These are the minimum I'd check, though I'll admit I haven't tested this program yet.

- James

Intel i7-10700F 2.9 gigahertz - 16GB Memory DDR4 3000 megahertz - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Super 8GB - 480GB SSD + 1TB HDD - Windows 10

What controllers do you use? If you have pedals or a yoke or even some old joysticks, there can be conflicts that crash the sim. Even bluetooth devices can create the conflicts.

Do you overclock? The program seems to not like overclocking (I have never tried that on this machine, but it has been reported as a cause of CTDs by others).

I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

• 1 month later...

I have turned off the blue tooth per zendesk and no I do not over clock my computer I have come to the realization that I just lost $ 128. FS2020 crash even before it gets to checking for updates so there for it will not finish installing the game

Thanks for your help

Have you tried cleaning the registry with something like CCleaner? The free version will do the job quickly and backup the current registry. When I started, I could not finish the download either. I finally reinstalled windows and, with a clean computer, was able to install. Fortunately, the computer was new and had no other files on the hard drive.
AMD Ryzen 7 3800X, GIGABYTE AMD Radeon 5700XT, 32mb DDR4 RAM @ 3600 mbs, Asrock X570 motherboard

Log out of the Windows Store. Shutdown your PC. Turn it on again then log back into the store. Then try it again. Worked for me.

Dont despair, you will get it sorted. CTDs happen for many reasons, it is just a matter of methodically trying all known solutions from the forums.

Good luck

Stinger

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk