Deleting unwanted features

Hi, there are many features in MSFS (aircraft types, challenges/missions, etc) that I'm sure I'll never use.

I'm thinking of deleting them from the Content Manager, but first I'd like to make sure that:

1) Is it 100% safe?

2) Will I directly regain the involved HD space (which is the main goal behind such intent)?

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance, best regards.

Windows 10 Home - Intel i7 9700 4.70GHz - 32Gb DDR4 RAM - GeForce GTX 1660 OC 6Gb - Kingston 512Gb SSD - Internet 1Gbps (test 600+ Mbps)

Also how much space do ou think you’ll save? I doubt it’d be worth it. If you’re so short of space it’d be better to get a bigger drive.

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

Thanks, guess I'll folow your advice then.

(Gosh, how I wish I had bought the Standard edition instead of Premium...)

Windows 10 Home - Intel i7 9700 4.70GHz - 32Gb DDR4 RAM - GeForce GTX 1660 OC 6Gb - Kingston 512Gb SSD - Internet 1Gbps (test 600+ Mbps)

I've done it, through the Content Screen, since day one and I have not had a single issue. And I continue to remove un-needed things after every Update. You'll be just fine if you do this.
http://www.air-source.us/images/sigs/000219_195_jimskorna.png

I moved (NOT DELETED) the LOWI Airport by Asobo from the Official folder because at the moment it conflicts with LOWI Airport by ORBX. This was recommended by ORBX.

What happens is it will show in your Content Manager as being available to download with no apparent adverse affects. So if you want it back, you should be able to just download the package again.

You will notice there is a Delete button right at the bottom of the Content Manger. You check what to delete then hit the button.

If your going to do it, pay attention to the Dependencies. Example is some Missions required a certain model of aircraft. Just don't go DIRECTLY deleting anything vital from the Official folder that might cause MSFS to not even start up. Otherwise you will have to reinstall the whole thing again.

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

I have found that after updates individual planes and airports need to be downloaded anyways. ASOBO has kind of done this for you. Not sure if it saves disk space though.

My hanger right now is C172, Icon and Cub with no hand crafted airports I never fly in and out of anyways. I even think I would need to DL the flight instruction if I wanted to use it.

In the Content Manager, just place a check mark next to whatever you want to delete. Delete button will then appear at bottom. Delete. It will now show as being available to download.
Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro