Repost of the "Can My PC Run MSFS 2020? test link

I posted this link back in September. Lots of new game owners and visitors to this site with 'issues' that "could" be system related. This quick and easy test will let you know if it might be the game or in fact is your PC causing concerns -

https://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri

"Don't believe everything you see on the internet." - Abe Lincoln HP Pavilion Desktop i5-8400@2.8ghz, 16gb RAM, 1TB M.2 SSD, GTX1650 4GB, 300 MBPS internet, 31.5" curved monitor, Logitech yoke-throttle, Flt Vel trim wheel, TFRP rudder pedals, G/M IR headset, Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Wheel Stand Pro S Dlx

It's interesting. I seriously doubt that a suggested equipment would be a happy experience though.

I disagree. I have an ancient Xeon E5-1620v2, which Noah used to design the Ark on, paired with a GTX970 and 16GB of DDR3. That's somewhere between minimum and reccomended.

The most demanding usecase for me is dicking around Toronto in a G36, where I get about 30 FPS. And I'm pretty pleased with that. More typically is dicking around the Rockies in Alberta, where I get more than 40 FPS. That's with various settings between medium and high, at 1080.

It's all about what you do and managing your expectations.

Ryzen 5 3600X, 16 GB 3733 MTs RAM, Radeon RX5700 OC, 2560 x 1080 Ultrawide

I disagree. I have an ancient Xeon E5-1620v2, which Noah used to design the Ark on, paired with a GTX970 and 16GB of DDR3. That's somewhere between minimum and reccomended.

The most demanding usecase for me is dicking around Toronto in a G36, where I get about 30 FPS. And I'm pretty pleased with that. More typically is dicking around the Rockies in Alberta, where I get more than 40 FPS. That's with various settings between medium and high, at 1080.

It's all about what you do and managing your expectations.

This is true; I now have a high end machine but if I stick to my main flying area on the west coast of FL I can run 4k ultra between 30 and 35 FPS with the glass on the C172 slid over to a second monitor. Of course flying over NYC would be a different story. Its not accurate anyways. None of the businesses are boarded up like NYC covid 2020. Maybe that's a different sim;)

On the other hand the photogrammetry dos make the buildings look a little sick and droopy at times.

Edited by natman1965