Where are my FSX Files hidden?

Ricksk1d

Hi Folks,

I have been using the various iterations of MSFS for years. A few years ago I started using STEAM and re-installed my FSX and accessed the sim through the STEAM Access panel. It works absolutely fine but I have a problem that I hope Forum members can help me with.

I am doing an airfield driving video brief project at work for colleagues and as part of the project I have to make a detailed set of story boards prior to filming the video.

Some how about two years ago I managed to install the detailed scenery for the aerodrome where I work including the types of aircraft we fly. So to create the storyboards I thought it would save an awful lot of time (as in no way am I a good artist) to screen shot the scenarios that I need to include in the film using FSX at the various locations around the Aerodrome.

So I downloaded from this site the ATC Follow Me Land Rover with a view to installing it into the sim and take screen shots from inside the vehicle to use in the storyboards. But I cannot find for the life of me where the various folders are on my system to install the vehicle into the sim. I have scoured my hard drive and STEAM folders but cannot find the relevant folders anywhere!

I must have located them somehow in the past as one of the types of aircraft we operate is there wearing in our colour scheme and I can fly from inside and outside the aircraft without any issues.

Are the files on a STEAM server somewhere or hidden on my hard drive? Can some one please help before I have to get my crayons out and produce some horrible drawings.

Thanks

Ian

The files are stored on your rig within the main steam folder...

The default install path for Steam games such as FSX is C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\Common - within the common folder there will then be a folder for each Steam game you have....

After that the folder structure follows the games OWN folder structure so for FSX you will see such entries as Scenery, Texture, SimObjects, Effects, Gauges, Sound and Addon Scenery to name a few....

Edited by longbreak754
Correct typo

Regards

Brian