Can You Reinstall an Update?

Or check to make sure they are installed and functioning?

The reason I ask: I have exhausted all suggestions in an earlier thread about addon liveries not showing up in the sim. Some folks say there have been problems created by Adobo, and that these have been fixed or worked around in one of the updates. As advised on this forum, I have joined Discord and used it to DL LiveriesMegaPackVersion11.3. The DL and install seem to have worked. The liveries I selected are in my Community folder, and they appear to be complete, but they don't show up in the sim.

I have a hunch that one of the mandatory updates did not install. It downloaded, but when I started the sim, I never saw a progress bar, as I think I had seen on earlier updates. Perhaps this is my problem. Or perhaps not.

Thanks all,

Mac6737

You can go to Apps & Features in Settings and do a repair of the sim.

Thanks, Loki.

Yeah, I had thought of that. But I have no reason to believe that the sim itself is damaged. And I'm scared of doing what they claim is a "repair."

You have 8K+ posts. R U able to reassure me?

Actually before doing a repair, try going to the Microsoft Store app and checking for updates. What version is shown for MSFS in the Downloads and updates recent activity list? You may need to scroll down depending on how many apps have been update recently.

Note that not all updates will require the sim to download more content data when itself is launched. As with the installation process, there are essentially two parts, one is the core sim application which is downloaded, or updated, directly through the Microsoft Store, and the second is the content, which is what you see downloaded when the sim runs.