Is it starting to happen?

Just sat down this Monday morning and it occurred to me that I never took a flight in MFSF this weekend(or any other sim to be fair). I dont consider myself to be one of the bashers of this sim but are all the bugs and complaints starting to seep in and sucking my enthusiasm for the sim/game?

I hope not since I just dumped a bunch of money into new hardware for it if they are ever able to get it to me and that's an issue to itself. At any rate I dont consider it a good sign.

I know the feeling. I haven't taken a flight in 10 days now. The last update just so screwed with the control and the Hotfix didn't help that. And yes, it is set to Modern and all Sensitivities are set to 0% which is what was better for my setup before. I think about doing a flight but just can't seem to get the yoke, pedals, and throttle out and set up to do it. Just don't need the aggravation I guess. Here's to hoping that tomorrows update changes some things back to what they were.

ps, I know what you are saying about dumping a bunch of $$$ in this thing. $120.00 for Premium Deluxe plus all the added aircraft in the Marketplace. $250.00 for the Honeycomb Alpha and another $250.00 for the Bravo. Then another almost $100.00 for a midi controller and 2 different USB devices to make the X-Touch and my older CH controllers work correctly. Let's just say that I am done spending $$$ on this thing UNTIL it works correctly.

Edited by MikeF
Ryzen 7 5800X@4.7ghz, Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus, 32 Gig Gskill 3600, AMD 6800XT Black, Corsair 850w, Soundblaster Z, Samsung 970 M.2 1tb for o/s, Samsung 850 Evo 500g for MSFS, Samsung 860 Evo 1tb for Games

At this point, I think a simple installation is better than trying to throw multiple pieces of complex hardware at the sim. KEEP IT SIMPLE!!

I just flew KMCI to KPIR without any issues. My installation is completely stock at this point.

I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

At this point, I think a simple installation is better than trying to throw multiple pieces of complex hardware at the sim. KEEP IT SIMPLE!!

I just flew KMCI to KPIR without any issues. My installation is completely stock at this point.

I agree with plainsman. I keep hearing about installing add ons, that is crazy. Lets get the STOCK software working correctly first. Hell, you may be causing some of your own problems.

I am running stock, I have a very high end machine with a RX2080 video card. I think many of the problems some are having is their rig. You need a machine like no other. I have literally only had one CTD since I have been simming with this software. I have had, maybe 3 or 4 lock ups, mostly due to my own actions.

I am running 4 monitors, one is a 49" curved monitor for front views. I have learned that if you are going to remove one of the MFD's to a second monitor, you need to put the simulator front monitor in Windows mode....then move all MFD's to secondary monitros....then re set the main monitor. This process has worked flawless.

Latest update really did fix flight dianmics, and auto pilot controls. yes, there are some bugs still, but way more stable since the latest update.

Keep those updates coming, and hold on installing any add ons until they get this bird off the ground.

Hobbitrocks

I dont believe every ones CTD problems are related to low end hardware. Here is what I am running it on now.

2.30 gigahertz Intel Core i5-8300H

1050 TI

16 gigs RAM

SSD

Have never had a CTD and the only unrecovered lock ups came when pluging/unplugging peripherals when sim was first released.

If I am in the mood for a slide show SIM will run at 1440 ultra. Like I said I have a new rig on the way and certainly it was time to do so. Would be ironic if the CTDs started then.

New update is Live now. Release notes say they adjusted the Sensibilities Curve so I am going to HOPE that helps with the issues I was having with my Alpha and CH Throttle.
Ryzen 7 5800X@4.7ghz, Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus, 32 Gig Gskill 3600, AMD 6800XT Black, Corsair 850w, Soundblaster Z, Samsung 970 M.2 1tb for o/s, Samsung 850 Evo 500g for MSFS, Samsung 860 Evo 1tb for Games

Made me smile when I saw 'The Sensibility curve' note - the darn thing must have a conscience now!

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Lol! The possibilities are endless, and so is this update download - mine's now on 17.68GiB of 1.40GiB. At first I thought they'd put the decimal point in the wrong place, now it looks like it shouldn't be there at all...

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Lol! The possibilities are endless, and so is this update download - mine's now on 17.68GiB of 1.40GiB. At first I thought they'd put the decimal point in the wrong place, now it looks like it shouldn't be there at all...

I am at 20.97 GiB and it is now uncompressing. Always an adventure.

hold on installing any add ons until they get this bird off the ground.

Hobbitrocks

Just FYI, I have 82 gigabytes of addons installed (almost all freeware) and my bird has been flying all over the world for months with few problems. Whatever your problems are, they are almost certainly not due to addons.