Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Fsx startup please?

Since I care about this so much, I went ahead and re-installed UTX in my computer. ;-)

I think what happened is either:
    a) when you installed UTX, you accidentally chose Boxed FSX instead of FSX (Steam).
    or
    b) You installed UTX for your old boxed FSX BEFORE you purchased and installed FSX:SE.
    See the screen shot for what you should do if you install UTX after FSX:SE:
    Name:  installer.PNG
Views: 55
Size:  13.8 KB

This is what I suggest you do now:
    1) Go to Programs and Files in Windows (you can find it in the white search box). Scroll down to Ultimate Terrain X - USA V2.3.
    2) Click on it and select Uninstall. Confirm/OK all subsequent dialogues.
    3) Find your UTX installer. It is probably in the folder Flight One Software and the installer's name is UtxUsa23IM.exe. I wouldn't know where you downloaded it. You may need to re-download it if necessary.
    4) Right-click on that installer and select Run as Administrator. Confirm everything, and select FSX Steam Edition for both the top and bottom (the bottom is for the optional UTX Lights. Go ahead and install that too if you want).
    5) In my Steam install, the UTX folder is located in C:/Steam/steamapps/common/FSX/Flight One Software/UtUsaFx/. In that folder right click on UtSetup.exe and select Run as administrator.
    6) HOPEFULLY You will get 3 green check marks!!! If you then see a big red X that says Disabled, go to Terrain-->Quick UTX Enable/Disable to Enable it and get a green check mark instead. You will then be good to go.

By the way I tried my Product.INI edit and the fix I suggested works for me. Those two steps I tell you to run as administrator will hopefully force UTX to install correctly. Some Windows systems have too much file protection going on and I'm hoping to avoid having you to change the file protection settings. This is my current suspicion because your Product.INI file has only two lines while the one I have has many lines in it. I have almost no file protection in my FSX setup to make add-on installing and editing easier.
    Last edited by TextRich; 12-04-2020 at 06:26 PM.

This thread needs renaming i think? Anyone else with the same ongoing saga will never find it using 'search'
    i5 4690 (350mhz) with Arctic Cooler, 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz, ASUS Rock H97 performance mobo, Gainward Windforce GTX 960 OC 2GB, Windows10 64bit, 256mb Crucial SSD, 500GB Seagate HDD.

Hi TextRich, thanks again for reply.

I Hope I'm wrong, I only have "Ultimate Terrain X - USA"

Your going to tell me theirs "Another Version".

Is this Correct please?

Many thanks

Paul.
    Windows 10 2020.
    Processor: AMD Ryzon 5 3600 6-Core Processor 3.59 GHz.
    Installed memory (RAM): 16.0 GB.
    System type: 64-bit Operating System X64-based processor.

Hi Paul. No, I indeed have Ultimate Terrain X. I believe you have version 2.3, just like I do. I take it my installer's screen shot differs from yours? This is the one I own.

http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=utxusa

As long as your version says version 2.3, it shouldn't matter. It may be possible we purchased UTX from different vendors so the installation packages look slightly different.
    Last edited by TextRich; 12-05-2020 at 08:23 AM.

Hi TextRich, Thanks again.

I Have never been offered this Option.

"you accidentally chose Boxed FSX instead of FSX (Steam)."

Thinking of Uninstalling "FSX Steam Edition" and "Microsoft Flight Simulator X Gold Edition" Using Revo Uninstaller and Starting with a New Installation of both.

What do you think Please ? ? ?

Paul.
    Last edited by pcohen; 12-05-2020 at 08:45 AM.
    Windows 10 2020.

Paul, I wonder if you did not see options for both because at the time you installed UTX you did not yet have FSX:SE, so the installer did not detect two simulators? If you uninstall and reinstall UTX, you should be given options. So have you tried that?

If you feel it would be easier to have a clean slate and completely uninstall both FSX (and uninstall UTX as well), that's fine, sometimes it is less work that way to be honest. However I would personally suggest that you not re-install the boxed edition at all. As long as you have the Steam edition you will not need the boxed edition at all, and it will just get in the way of future add-on installations. Approximately 95% of available FSX add-ons are easily compatible with the Steam edition and a few more % of that only needs minor tweaks to be compatible. In addition you won't have to worry about reactivation issues with the boxed edition.

If you try uninstalling everything and reinstalling only FSX:SE, and you STILL have issues, then there is another fix that is very likely to work, but it is a quite intensive fix (registry editing) so I would prefer to save that for when all else fails. I don't know how well Revo does in wiping out registry entries.
    Last edited by TextRich; 12-05-2020 at 09:50 AM.

Hello TextRich. Revo Uninstaller, I Think, Is brilliant.

Once it Uninstalls A programme it Does A Registry Scan for Left over Files Or Folders, then gives You, the option of keeping or Deleting the Files. Well worth a look at.

I will Uninstall both FSX Steam Edition and Ultimate Terrain X - USA and Start Again from scratch.

Wish me Luck !!!

Paul.
    Windows 10 2020.

Hi everybody, back again!

I have Reinstalled Microsoft Flight Simulator STEAM EDITION And Ultimate Terrain X - USA ONLY!!!
    Am back at the stage where Ultimate Terrain Has a Green Checkmark but when clicked on goes RED.

I am still not getting the option of choosing between the Boxed FSX instead of FSX (Steam). Or other way around.

Thanks

PAUL.
    Last edited by pcohen; 12-05-2020 at 02:10 PM.
    Windows 10 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by pcohen View Post
    Hi everybody, back again!
    I have Reinstalled Microsoft Flight Simulator STEAM EDITION And Ultimate Terrain X - USA ONLY!!!
    Am back at the stage where Ultimate Terrain Has a Green Checkmark but when clicked on goes RED.
    I don't understand this part. What do you mean by "has a green checkmark"? As in "Enabled" with Red being "Disabled"? Or one out of the three check mark boxes is green and the others are red or? Being more specific with the issues now would provide more clarity. Many thanks.

Just to save a bit more time down the road, do you recall where you purchased your UTX USA from? And when? I can't help but wonder if your installer was made BEFORE FSX:SE was even released.
    Last edited by TextRich; 12-05-2020 at 06:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TextRich View Post
    Just to save a bit more time down the road, do you recall where you purchased your UTX USA from? And when? I can't help but wonder if your installer was made BEFORE FSX:SE was even released.
    I suspect this could be the issue. You are referencing UTX USA v2, while Paul may have the first version.

May also be worth asking about this over in the official support forums as well.

https://www.simforums.com/Forums/ult...rums_cat7.html

Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast