Hi all,

I'm new here, and this is my FIRST post. At first,,,I loved MS2020, the graphic were exceptional. Then it all went down hill from there, or sooner. I took me a week to 9 days to download, I have Hughes-net. I then started to set up my devices, here is where it really got messed up, I couldn't figure out all that stuff. By the time I got started a little, an up-date, and another 4 days. (only 13GB) AGAIN I tried to figure out the complicated mess, oh,,,I got a X52 Hotus joystick. Then all of a sudden when i tried to start the program the day,,,the icon was grayed on the desktop, and it would not start! Wound up having to re-install the program again,,,,,,another 9/10 days of downloading, 95 GB! When I first started the program,,, al the planes were gone except 2. I tried to install a 679 King air I bought, it said it installed, but didn't show up in the program. That's another thing, where in the hell DO you install any aircraft, in what folder???

Then low and behold ANOTHER up-date (95GB) and ANOTHER 9 days of downloading. At this point, I have spent more time downloading, than I have played the simulator. Now I find I cannot control any plane at all, it goes up,,,,down, back and fourth, I can't control it.

Well,,,, to say I'm a little FED UP with all this, is an understatement! Why in the hell would someone with a great reputation put out a simulator this difficult, is way beyond. By the way I've used FS 2-4-10-P3D 4-5,,,,,SO I'm not new to all this. Why couldn't FMFS use at least the base like FX10. Well I'm through rattan, and I feel a little better. But,,,,no,,no buts,,,,Larry Yea ,,, but,,,,,if there is anyone out there who can help, it would be GREAT!

I am sorry for your frustration!

The program really needs a very good internet connection. Without that you have to either be very very patient or very frustrated. The new simulator is very different than FS2000-FSX. In fact, your experience with those probably makes it a little harder to unlearn old ways and relearn new commands and procedures.

It is a steep learning curve. It does work and the graphics are amazing.

I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

Microsoft corporation does not have a "great" reputation and note that this does not bode well for future fixes and enhancements for this program. Historically, Microsoft has abused it's customers and considered only the bottom line in it's product decisions.

As for where to find the rest of your inventory; go to Profile --> Content Manager, you'll find the rest of your planes, tutorials and airports there ready for download.

i7-10700K, ASUS Prime Z490-P motherboard, 32 gig, GTX 1080 Ti, 1TB M2 drive, Thrustmaster T16000M, Logitech Rudder Pedals , xbox controller.

Hi there. I understand your frustration, I used to live in Rural America before I moved to a city with 1 giga fiber. You can not blame MSFS because you don't have the fortune of having a good internet connection, which it is listed as a requirement for a reason, not multiplayer but the amount of data involved.. For one thing the latency on satellites it is "horrible" and the speed is very unreliable. I used to have a Satellite system back in the day called Wildblue, which was more advanced that Hughes, and even thought it was good enough for web browsing, it had pings of +1200-1400 ms!!!! and if the weather was cleared at my location, but it was bad where their uplink was located, I would lose my connection. Satellite systems can deliver faster speeds nowadays, but there is absolutely no way they can lower the pings, that's why at one time there was a company (forgot the name) that proposed a "low orbit" internet satellite network. It never happened. Think about it. Signal goes from your pc to the satellite, and then gets transmitted to the downlink station, which then makes the request to the internet and it sent\ds it back to space to the satellite and then has to travel back down thousands of miles to your PC. I remember when they first came out you have to use your phone line to send your requests and they send the data back to you through the satellite. That was an attempt to lower the pings somehow and cut on the bandwidth.

If you get a chance to get 5G with a true unlimited cap, get it. I had the old true unlimited Verizon plan with4G, that was right before I moved. I was getting speeds of 50-52 megabits and pings of less than 180ms, depending on the location of the sites I connected to. Sorry to bring the bad news to you.

Good luck.

Satellite systems can deliver faster speeds nowadays, but there is absolutely no way they can lower the pings, that's why at one time there was a company (forgot the name) that proposed a "low orbit" internet satellite network. It never happened. Think about it. Signal goes from your pc to the satellite, and then gets transmitted to the downlink station, which then makes the request to the internet and it sent\ds it back to space to the satellite and then has to travel back down thousands of miles to your PC. I remember when they first came out you have to use your phone line to send your requests and they send the data back to you through the satellite. That was an attempt to lower the pings somehow and cut on the bandwidth.

It is happening right now. Starlink has begun beta testing their satellite internet service, which has been reaching speeds of over 100 Mbps down with latencies of around 20ms.

https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2020/11/spacex-starlink-beta-tester-takes-user-terminal-into-forest-gets-120mbps/

That's good news for some folks, hopefully they won't cap their service. I've read so many posts back then when I had one, all from from people and tech news magazines that claimed that it was impossible to lower the pings. I guess it is possible now and hopefully the system will make it to market. Just hope the US economy survives.

Starlink is pretty committed and is aiming for worldwide coverage, not just the US. At the moment there aren't any caps on the beta testers, so hopefully they can maintain that for the full roll out. They currently have more than 800 satellites in orbit with an eventual goal of up to 30,000 for complete coverage of the entire planet. Helps that they can launch 60 at a time on the SpaceX rockets.

That's great, but where to I go to get to "Profile" That's another thing, the folder system in MSFS is completely different, COMMUNITY & OFFICIAL. I did notice that the plane I installed. aircraft, airking350 is in a folder, but also didn't show up, boy,,,,this is a total mess to me. I was able to do some flying this morning without to much trouble, so hopefully I'll be able to use it, it does have great graphics

Please let me know if you can, how to find those directories. thanks, Larry

You know one time I looked all over for my small hammer for over a week, and could not find it, then I was looking for something else,,,,,and found the hammer laying in plain site,,,,,,,,But I'm almost 79 yrs old is my excuse, but thanks a million for your help!

There was a lot of stuff in there!

Larry

PS. I hope I'm still around when they get StarLink going.

Edited by larglo

You know one time I looked all over for my small hammer for over a week, and could not find it, then I was looking for something else,,,,,and found the hammer laying in plain site,,,,,,,,But I'm almost 79 yrs old is my excuse, but thanks a million for your help!

There was a lot of stuff in there!

Larry

PS. I hope I'm still around when they get StarLink going.

Glad you've found it!

They're taking applications through their website right now. Might be worth throwing your name in.

https://www.starlink.com