Changing the size of tooltips in fullscreen mode

surrodox2001

As everyone here may or may not know, tooltips in FS9 are set by Windows' desktop settings in windowed mode, and resized according to your resolution in fullscreen mode.

Tooltips in windowed mode:

tooltip_windowed.png

Tooltips in fullscreen mode:

tooltip_fullscreen.png

But sometimes the tooltips' text might be too long to fit in the screen, causing the text to chopped off like in HJG DC-10 panel's vertical speed selection roller.

I wonder can you change the text's size without changing the resolution in fullscreen mode?

The tooltip is most likely coded in the gauge file its self. It the gauge is a simple XML file it can be edited with a text editor. In this case I'd use Notepad ++. If it's a gauge file it can't be edited. Not even sure if gauge files are protected or not and can be decompiled. Probably not.

Now while I know how to edit some minor stuff in XML gauge files or at least figure it out, I don't know if you can use XML code to increase, decrease size or even center the tooltip text on the display at all. I'm thinking editing the tooltip text to use more than one line in the XML code may do it, but then I'm thinking the Sim will just render the tooltip text in one continues line regardless of a new line in the tooltip text. In this case there's really nothing you can do on tooltip text modification. It's a hard coded Sim setting.