All planes suddenly unflyable....

I have been a happy camper since last August, never had a problem with this new sim update after update. I flew a couple of hours today and then this evening all planes are unflyable! If I start in the air, I hear this lady warning "stall, stall " and I crash. If I start on a runway with a Cessna, when I hit 35 knots, the plane wants to take off and the tail scratches the ground and I crash too...

My joystick is a Logitech 3d extreme, I try another one (both work very well with no problem in FSX), same issues.

I have no conflict with dual assignments between joystick, mouse or keyboard

This behavior appeared all of a sudden without any warning after 70 days of nice flying

Since both joysticks are working perfectly with FSX, I am assuming that FS2020 is at fault, although I do not see why since I never added any new planes or scenery

I am in the process of re installing but I just wanted to know if somebody had this problem. Thanks for your feedback

J-Louis 15 miles east of KIAD

Dell XPS8930, Intel I7 9700, 32GB DDR46GB GE Force, 512SSD

J-Louis Belard, 6 miles SW of KGAI

Dell XPS,8930, I-7 9700, 32GB DD4,

512 SSD, 2TB HD, 6GB GeForce GTX 1660

I have found it very difficult to take off in any aircraft since the last update, the GA fleet in particular. Checked all my controller sensitivities etc. but it's as if they aren't there any more, along with ensuring I'm in Modern not Legacy mode - which apparently has been an issue for some users having been switched by the programme for some reason. Even a takeoff roll in the A320 last night had all the controllability of a kite.
Vern.

I have been a happy camper since last August, never had a problem with this new sim update after update. I flew a couple of hours today and then this evening all planes are unflyable! If I start in the air, I hear this lady warning "stall, stall " and I crash. If I start on a runway with a Cessna, when I hit 35 knots, the plane wants to take off and the tail scratches the ground and I crash too...

My joystick is a Logitech 3d extreme, I try another one (both work very well with no problem in FSX), same issues.

I have no conflict with dual assignments between joystick, mouse or keyboard

This behavior appeared all of a sudden without any warning after 70 days of nice flying

Since both joysticks are working perfectly with FSX, I am assuming that FS2020 is at fault, although I do not see why since I never added any new planes or scenery

I am in the process of re installing but I just wanted to know if somebody had this problem. Thanks for your feedback

J-Louis 15 miles east of KIAD

Dell XPS8930, Intel I7 9700, 32GB DDR46GB GE Force, 512SSD

Do you understand Trim, and are you using it?

No Cessna takes off at 35 Knots!

Look in your settings under Flight Model. Make sure your in "Modern" AND NOT IN "Legacy"(this is for the OP)
Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce RTX 3070, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler-HP Reverb G2 for Virtual Reality

Thanks for the sarcasm Mr Malcott, I believe that since my private pilot training I have a good understanding of the trim use. If you took the time to read properly, you would have noticed that I do not want to take off, but the plane itself wants to take off without any possible joystick control

Just in case this is what I said: If I start on a runway with a Cessna, when I hit 35 knots, the plane wants to take off and the tail scratches the ground and I crash too...

A constructive answer will be welcome next time!

J-Louis Belard, 6 miles SW of KGAI

Dell XPS,8930, I-7 9700, 32GB DD4,

512 SSD, 2TB HD, 6GB GeForce GTX 1660

I had a similar problem after the latest update with the Cessna GL1000 version. I am now convinced it is the elevator trim. After takeoff and without touching the trim, the white line on the elevator trim was not visible. I suspected my joke control settings so I cleared out several setting then put them back in the same as before except I switched the elevator trim up/down. Saved my settings and now the 172 GL100 flies much better.

Same here. Just set up my new PC a few days ago, which was purchased to run this sim. Purchased and installed the sim yesterday. Programmed two different flight sticks. Haven't been able to keep aircraft flying more than a couple minutes after takeoff, that is when I get them off the ground. I'm no expert at flying, but I've been MS flightsimming since FS98 thru FSX. As soon as I try to make a VERY slight turn --- out of control and crashing. Real let down.

The fact is, all the aircraft are behaving squirrelly and it seems to be since the (undocumented by Azz Booboo) change to how the sensitivity settings and dead zones are set up. I've been playing around with the settings for my Logitech 3D Pro and I just cannot get it back to where it was before. Aircraft whether GA or jet drift around the runway on the takeoff roll and pulling back on the stick get an "instant" digital response rather than a gradual analogue effect.

And yes before anyone suggests it, I am in Modern mode not Legacy...

Vern.

The sensitivity curves were changed in the last update to this S shape. I've fiddled with the settings and joystick response is not so dramatic now when pulling back or pushing forward on the stick which allows me to take off and land smoothly now. It is still too sensitive at full defection though.

In screenshot below you can see where at nearly full defection, the elevator rate of movement changes rapidly, causing instability, which is what you describe Vern. All is fine until you hit that area marked in yellow circle. As long as I don't push or pull back on stick all the way, I'm fine. I've been unable to smooth that curve. Same goes for other control surface sensitivity curves.

curves.gif

Mike

Windows 10 Home 64bit / Intel i7-8700, 6 Core, 3.2 GHz / 32GB RAM DDR 4 / GTX 1080 OC / SSD(2) / 27" 165 Hz 1440p Monitor / Internet 805 Mbps down, 24 Mbps up

Hello fellow aviators. After the last update i cant get the throttle to accelerate either. My 152 and 172 take off only with flaps full because its speed is between 35 and 45. Once flaps are raised its into the ground. Seems the more they address in fixing, the more goes sideways.

Okay, that one won't help you right now: Save your control settings once you found your preferred settings. In the future that will help you when you start tweaking around or an update comes up that changes everything.

One thing that I personally find rather strange is the possibility to assign two different actions to one single axis of your joystick (even to every single button of the joystick, mouse or keyboard). I played around a lot with the settings and on one point I found that the trim and the throttle had the same assignment on my system. Giving full throttle led also the nose go down. So check that nothing is double assigned. And if you changed the assignment on your keyboard (maybe like you were used to on the P3D), check that you deleted the original assignments. Maybe resetting the controls might help.

And if your facing problems with the approach – Keep the speed minimum 10kt above the target speed – it keeps your plane better steerable.

Pino

Pino

President of the woh|group

"WHY should he ,

ALL planes were flying BEFORE !!!"

Because it may have been reset to Legacy instead of Modern!!!

"seems like of those UNFINNISHED Crap of program"

Then don't use it if you don't like it. Stay with FS2000 or X-Plane 10!

Edited by plainsman
I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

A lot of the prop planes took a step backwards after the last update. Bonanza jerks like crazy when it lifts off runway. Auto pilot nearly crashes the plane when engaged. I hate to be negative because I understand how complex this sim is, but it was released way to soon.
Windows 11, Intel i9-9900K, 32GB DDR4/3000 MHz, GeForce RTX 2070, 1TB M.2 Drive dedicated to Flight Sim