Before I buy MSFS

I am considering buying the physical MSFS , 10 discs .

Can I download to another drive ?

C: has only 136GB of space available

D: has 1.57TB available .

Trawling through the forums , I found that the installation automatically is attracted to C:/ drive .

Is this correct ?

Thank you for your consideration .

Yes, you can install to a drives other than the C: drive. I'm not familiar with the disc installation, however, with the MS Store process there are two places to change the location. One is for the initial base application install, and then later when the sim is run for the first time, the sim's content can also be pointed to a different location. In my case I pointed the sim to my G: drive where I created a MSFS directory.

Not really correct on the info you found. There is an initial small download to the C: drive, but the vast majority of the program can go to your D: drive. I have a similar configuration. Are both C: & D: SSDs or M.2s? You really need fast storage! A HD does not really work well.

Sorry, I typed at the same time!

Edited by plainsman
I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

Same here Microsoft Store..... initial install on C then direct it to another drive for the main install for me that was drive F with 3TB's

ASRock X570 TAICHI Mother Board

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.79 GHz *Overclocked*

Corsair 240mm H100i ELITE CAPELLIX RGB Intel/AMD CPU Liquid Cooler

Corsair DOMINATOR PLATINUM RGB 64GB 3600MHz *Overclocked*

MSI NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 Ti 24GB SUPRIM X Ampere.

1000W PSU. Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD. HP Reverb G2 + Oculus Quest 2

Samsung Odyssey G9 C49G95TSSR - QLED monitor - curved - 49" - 5120 x 1440 Dual Quad HD @ 240 Hz