Just got off the phone with Microsoft Game Support...WOW!!! Unreal!

I bought MSFS2020. Paid for the Premium version. So, I set up to download it and the installer will not see anything except my C drive. I get on the phone with Support and they tell me that it MUST be installed on the C drive with the OS !!! Well, like many, I dont have room on the C drive. That is why I installed three other drives on my PC. P3D v5 loaded just fine to my E drive. XP11 loaded just fine to my D drive. BUT MSFS 2020 will NOT install to my F drive and according to MS Support, it never will because it is only meant to go on the C drive. WTF!!!!! That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard!!! I put in for a refund.

This is misinformation! Yes, a small package has to be on the C: drive, but the vast majority of the program can be installed on a different permanent drive.
I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

This is misinformation! Yes, a small package has to be on the C: drive, but the vast majority of the program can be in stalled on a different permanent drive.

They need to educate their Tech Support! I thought it was the dumbest thing I ever heard. BUT...what about the installers? Why does it only show my C drive and then tell me its not big enough an cannot install? It says it needs 127.9 Gig of room on my C. A few files I get , but 127.9 gig??? I only have 22 gig left.

They need to educate their Tech Support! I thought it was the dumbest thing I ever heard. BUT...what about the installers? Why does it only show my C drive and then tell me its not big enough an cannot install? It says it needs 127.9 Gig of room on my C. A few files I get , but 127.9 gig??? I only have 22 gig left.

I have MSFS on my G: drive, so it is possible. Try going to Settings->System->Storage. Click the "Change where new content is saved" option near the bottom. From here, try changing the "New apps will save to" setting.

“ Why does it only show my C drive and then tell me its not big enough an cannot install?”

It also says “browse” you click that and choose which drive you want to install it to.

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles