Troll Power

zswobbie1

I thought that I should bring this to flightsim.com..

On SOH, http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php/121244-FS9-rebuild-(merged-thread) Thomas Wood, of CR1 software, told us FS9'ers, that he was working on a FS9 'rebuild', with some innovative & unique features, as freeware to the community. His beta tester posted a YouTube clip of some features, from an early alpha test, & the video was promptly shot down on YouTube by a SOH member, of 7 years membership & 43 posts, & who also posted trash speak in the SOH forum as well.

The result is yet another well respected developer leaving FS9, because of a troll.

This, from Thomas..

I have decided to pull the pin on this development. My customer service girl is being sworn at, abused by people who obviously are against this development. Yes all calls are recorded at Cr1. They will be dealt with by the authorities. Also the amount of nasty emails and messages I'm getting over this is unreal.

I work for one day on the sim, make a start how ever small it was in a direction that one else was able to do or wasn't doing and wham I get all this hate.

Well the gig is cancelled. I don't need this kind of head ache...seriously.

I also think its time for me to concentrate on my new projects, If people don't want this or have nothing better to do then bash designers then let the community die i guess because who needs it.

Its probably time for me to retire from this and all forums. I dont think I will be back. I have good friends here but I can talk to them else where.

You will have to get updates only from contacting me through cr1 or just wait for Nels at flight sim.com to tell you as he is a very good friend of mine. Seriously Im kinda done right now.

Sorry but I was just having fun and it turned out to be nothing but a huge night mare!

Bye

Robin

Cape Town, South Africa

It's a shame development has stopped. As someone who chooses to run FS9 above all other sims, I was really looking forward to the update, it would have been interesting, I would have paid for it if the wow factor was there. I gotta say I'm disappointed as well on how quickly this project was deep sixed. After all, where would we all be now, if everybody threw in the towel every time a criticism or thoughtless comment came their way? Thanks for the effort, I guess.

I hate to say this, but unless this is a mod that can be installed and co-exist with the original source code, it would be violating copyright.

You just can't take a game or piece of software, recode it and offer it out for free without litigation on your ass. It's as simple as that.

I made a post about this here: https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?326318-Afcad-for-Aerosoft-Lukla-Mount-Everest&p=2131191#post2131191

Hold your horses, It's obviously not a rewrite of copyright scenery, it will be an add-on, just like any other. I'm not sure as to how your thoughts arose that it will be a rewrite of original source code, & actually quite insulting to Thomas.

We thank you for your service, as a forum policeman.

Robin

Cape Town, South Africa

Okay, if that's what it is, fine. But I just read the first few posts and the way it was written sounded like a new FS9 or something. Though, it seems in this day and age people can't type for crap leaving one to wonder what the actual interpretation is.

Now I'm not even the best when it comes to writing, but at least I try to show I have a command of the English langue.

I am testing a complete revamp of fs2004. Tom at cr1 is rebuilding the sim to a way higher level. I got to fly it a bit. He calls it (The Sim) Freedom...reasons his own.

So a complete "revap" is just an "add-on" or something. Strange...

"The Sim," the makings of a horror film...

Well, I have a few 'revamps' of FS2004

My Alaska install, is a complete revamp, as is my Golden Wings, as is my Space install.

By adding to the original, using add-ons, the sim becomes a revamp of the original. Yes.. I have rebuilt the sim, using freeware.

Nah, when I read the posts, I took it for granted that the revamp would be add-on based.

Anyhow, I've always trusted Tom. no doubt there at all that he is developing add-ons, & obviously not a rebuild.

Nasty, nasty, unwarranted & uncalled for. I'd like to see what you have done for our hobby & community, apart from publicly criticizing a well-known developer.

Robin

Cape Town, South Africa

Apparently, what we have seen is a very much alpha, after only an hour or 2, so, play the waiting game, please do not pre-empt or be judgmental of just a few minutes/hours of development.

I’m not being judgemental. It’s shaders and textures. There is nothing else I’ve seen to indicate otherwise. Just stating what it is.

Mark Daniels

Nasty, nasty, unwarranted & uncalled for. I'd like to see what you have done for our hobby & community, apart from publicly criticizing a well-known developer.

Really? I've been a member here for some 11 years, and in those 11 years I've helped a lot of people. I have also uploaded to the library here at least 20 airports with modified parking.

I'm not criticizing jack. I merely stated that from what I read it looked liked an overhaul of FS9 its self based on the wording used. A revamp is defined as:

verb (used with object)

to renovate, redo, or revise: We've decided to revamp the entire show.

noun

an act or instance of restructuring, reordering, or revising something; overhaul: a revamp of the nation's foreign policy.

See that? Revise or redo?

*Unsubscribes*