Three weeks of more crashes than flights..... I did it! New motherboard ASRock B550 phantom, Ryzen 9 3900X, XFX AMD Radeon RX 5600 XT THICC III PRO 6GB Gaming Graphics Card (will run up to 14GB's)..... Except for the ryzen 9 all are middle of the road components, yet it now eats the flightsim, and that's all I wanted ha.... still only running on 16GB ram, but as I expected upping the ram don't seem to help any 16GB runs the sim no problem...... hope this speck helps someone on a budget........ will spend the rest of the weekend flying my heart out at last......

how do I update my sig now....

Edited by daspinall

ASRock X570 TAICHI Mother Board

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.79 GHz *Overclocked*

Corsair 240mm H100i ELITE CAPELLIX RGB Intel/AMD CPU Liquid Cooler

Corsair DOMINATOR PLATINUM RGB 64GB 3600MHz *Overclocked*

MSI NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 Ti 24GB SUPRIM X Ampere.

1000W PSU. Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD. HP Reverb G2 + Oculus Quest 2

Samsung Odyssey G9 C49G95TSSR - QLED monitor - curved - 49" - 5120 x 1440 Dual Quad HD @ 240 Hz

Three weeks of more crashes than flights..... I did it! New motherboard ASRock B550 phantom, Ryzen 9 3900X, XFX AMD Radeon RX 5600 XT THICC III PRO 6GB Gaming Graphics Card (will run up to 14GB's)..... Except for the ryzen 9 all are middle of the road components, yet it now eats the flightsim, and that's all I wanted ha.... still only running on 16GB ram, but as I expected upping the ram don't seem to help any 16GB runs the sim no problem...... hope this speck helps someone on a budget........ will spend the rest of the weekend flying my heart out at last......

how do I update my sig now....

I suspect that a lot of people's ctd's are the result of low spec machines. I have a good spec pc and have not had one sinch launch.

Enjoy

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I’ve had a lot of CTDs recently, but definitely not down to any low specs. Determined to try to find the cause, I’ve been installing and uninstalling addons etc.

Yesterday I disabled the Xbox game bar. Flight Sim has now been running continuously for about 14 hours. Maybe I’ve found the culprit? :)

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

I’ve had a lot of CTDs recently, but definitely not down to any low specs. Determined to try to find the cause, I’ve been installing and uninstalling addons etc.

Yesterday I disabled the Xbox game bar. Flight Sim has now been running continuously for about 14 hours. Maybe I’ve found the culprit? :)

Regards

Steve

Could well be. I don't use the xbox game bar. Tbh i am not even sure what it is!

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

Crash To Desktop
Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

The only time I have had any problem was with the VFR map before the update. It works fine now and no CTDs since last update.
I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU