Citation CJ4: Having trouble entering a NAV frequency

Hi everyone,

I am flying the Citation CJ4, and I am trying to enter a NAV frequency to do an ILS landing.

My Autopilot is on, and then I hit the NAV button. Then on the radio, I hit TUN, I enter a valid approach frequency, and I press the third button down on the left where it says "NAV 1."

But then I get the message "Invalid entry."

Please, does anyone know why?

Thank you.

Stanley

Intel Core i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60 GHz | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 | Dell U2717D monitor | Thrustmaster T.Flight Stick X

Total available graphics memory: 24534 MB; Dedicated video memory: 8192 MB; System video memory: 0 MB; Shared system memory: 16342 MB

Hi everyone,

I am flying the Citation CJ4, and I am trying to enter a NAV frequency to do an ILS landing.

My Autopilot is on, and then I hit the NAV button. Then on the radio, I hit TUN, I enter a valid approach frequency, and I press the third button down on the left where it says "NAV 1."

But then I get the message "Invalid entry."

Please, does anyone know why?

Thank you.

Stanley

You're not entering a period or decimal point, there's one on the keypad below 7 and left of 0.

You can enter the full frequency, e.g. 111.30, or shorten it to 111.3, but you MUST include the decimal point every time.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Hi Tim,

Thank you for your response.

But it did not solve the problem. I have been using that period -- the one below 7 and left of 0.

I still get the invalid entry message.

Stanley

Intel Core i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60 GHz | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 | Dell U2717D monitor | Thrustmaster T.Flight Stick X

Total available graphics memory: 24534 MB; Dedicated video memory: 8192 MB; System video memory: 0 MB; Shared system memory: 16342 MB

I now realize that it must be something other than the period issue.

I did a quick experiment and I entered a number -- using the period -- into the box for COM 1 and RCL 1. On those occasions, the number took. But I cannot enter a number into NAV 1.

I now realize that it must be something other than the period issue.

I did a quick experiment and I entered a number -- using the period -- into the box for COM 1 and RCL 1. On those occasions, the number took. But I cannot enter a number into NAV 1.

I think it IS something other than the period issue - I'm using a CJ4 mod from Github which fixes this radio tuning issue along with many other features. Here's the link to the Github page:

https://github.com/Working-Title-MSFS-Mods/fspackages/releases/tag/cj4-v0.3.1

Read through the updates list and the known issues, then scroll down to bottom of the page and click the link for the workingtitle-cj4-v0.3.1.zip.

Unzip the folder "workingtitle-aircraft-cj4" and copy it into your Community folder which is in:

C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\Community

Launch the sim and try the NAV1 radio again, I hope this works for you!

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Hi Tim,

Thank you very much for your instructive reply.

I am grateful to you for the information, but I am going to go on a slight rant regarding FS2020. I am not complaining about your fix -- I thank you for the information.

But I don't want to go deep into my computer to do what you have advised. If I had easy access to the Community Folder, I would do it. But I don't like going into the Users folder.

Honestly, I was so excited when I first heard about FS2020. But I now get the impression that this is a beta product, and it is not really ready for the general public. I know that any new system will have a few bugs, but this is one thing after the other.

Remember, you were very kind to provide this information. But the bugs need to be worked out of FS2020.

I wish that the Community Folder were easily accessible.

Stanley

Edited by Stanley777

It is actually easy to go into the Community folder, and safe -- this folder starts out empty when you install MSFS, and anything you put into it can easily be changed or removed without affecting the operation of the program. In Explorer, locate the Community folder (takes a little patience), open Properties, left-click on "create a shortcut", then drag the shortcut to your desktop. From then on, you can go directly to Community with one click on its desktop icon. To repeat: you cannot mess up the program by anything you do in the Community folder -- the worst that will happen if you do something incorrectly there, is that that particular item (scenery, plane, whatever), won't work until you get it right.

I think the ability to manipulate files in the Community folder is really essential to getting the full benefit from this sim.

Hi everyone,

Well, it doesn't work.

Here is what I did after closing FS2020. Originally, I installed FS2020 on a large (Terrabyte) external drive. Thus, I have easy access to my Community folder, which is right under appdata.

Now, please confirm that this should be the file structure under Community:

> Directly below Community is the folder workingtitle-aircraft-cjf. Directly below that are these four folders and two files:

> Effects (a folder)

> html_ui (a folder)

> ModelBehaviorDefs (a folder)

> SimObjects (a folder)

> layout.json (a file)

> manifest.json (a file)

Is this correct, please?

Thank you.

Stanley

Success!

At first, it was indeed not working. I thought that I had done everything correct, because I closed the simulator, then put the code into the community folder, and restarted the simulator.

Then the thought occurred to me to also log out of Steam and then log back in. I did that, and now I can enter a value into the NAV radio.

I thank all of you so much who contributed to solving this vexing problem.

Stanley