Second try: Cloud layers

I don't know thee specific answer to your question, but you can raise and lower multiple layers, or minimize a layer. I have not tried to delete a layer or add a layer. If I remember correctly, there are more than 60 layers available to manipulate, but I don't know how many can be tweaked by the user or if all can be active?? Moving around the existing layers is easy, and can be done in flight.
I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

I don't know thee specific answer to your question, but you can raise and lower multiple layers, or minimize a layer. I have not tried to delete a layer or add a layer. If I remember correctly, there are more than 60 layers available to manipulate, but I don't know how many can be tweaked by the user or if all can be active?? Moving around the existing layers is easy, and can be done in flight.

Plainsman,

I appreciate your cogent presence on his forum.

But where are these "60 layers" of which you speak? In my deluxe version of the sim, there are three -- no more, no less.

Yeah, I understand you can move those three around, and can even overlap them, but I can't quite reconcile that with what you say.

Mac6737

I think I misstated what I should have said. The promotional material mentioned that they have divided the atmosphere into 64 layers of detail. I highly doubt we have access to that level of detail, I suspect they aggregate them into workable zones?? I don't know if you can create 4 zones or delete down to 2 zones.
I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

Its correct

In any given day, anywhere in the world, there will be usually be up to 3 layers, some layers might have more than one type of the four most common tyoe of clouds

The 64 layers (i think i read 32) are the layers in which Meteoblue divide the atmosphere for lchanging parameters (surface, calm, windy, foggy, hazy and upwards)

Still weather has a lot to improve and i believe Meteoblue only applied 1% of what is capable but needs more time.

Edited by Kapitan

Kapitan

Anything I say is...not as serious as you think