Diamond DA40 fuel tanks

Hi

This aircraft has left snd right tanks but the Fuel selector doesn’t have a left and right option. Cannot find any option to set automatic fuel tank use to keep the tanks balanced so It only draws on one tank. Neither the fuel pump on/off nor the Fuel Trans buttons seem to do anything. All that seems to do anything is switching to the Fuel Valve Emergency. With the other 2 options on this seems to be rebalancing the tanks but this doesn’t feel it’s how it should work.

Any illumination appreciated

You can transfer from the other tank by using the transfer button next to pitot heat. It only pulls from the right tank.

Despite the fuel xfer pump there is an option to select the right tank by flipping the fuel selector (red lever located below the throttle) into the emergency position

Kapitan

Anything I say is...not as serious as you think

Thanks Kap.

Don’t think the transfer is actually working because I tried that. I still end with the fuel low warning. Perhaps if I remember to turn it on at the beginning. Feels like they mislabelled Emergency Tank because that works like Tank Select as you say.

But if it works t works. Thanks for the Information and the confirmation. I thought must be missing a switch somewhere.

Overall I find the DA40 to be a miserable aircraft. Can barely get in the air with 4 passengers, can barely climb when it does and constantly threatens to stall For the first 5 minutes. Feels there’s something wrong with the implementation but maybe I’m expecting too much from watching too many gushing reviews of the real thing.