Unrealistic Trees / Buildings and Blurry Textures in ULTRA Settings

SO I have a high end computer and have set my settings to ULTRA. Yet when I go fly all my trees are very blocky and bulky and not looking realistic as I have seen in some pictures. My FPS is just fine why are my trees so bulky and blocky. Anything I can do to render them better. Again all is on Ultra settings I have a 2080ti and I9-9900k at 5gx and fps is all good just visuals suck still at ultra. Buildings are not realistic and textures are blurry in spots. Any help to fi this would be great. I'm new to MS2020 and the MS flight sim in general.

ASUS ROG Maximus XI HERO Z-390 MB

I9-9900k CPU @5.0 GHZ

Geforce RTX 2080TI

32GB DDR4 2400 RAM

What is your internet connection speed? Most of the scenery is stored on the net. If you have a slow internet connection, all your hardware won't help. You might also post a screenshot of your settings page. There are lots of things to manage other than "ultra". You also don't mention your monitor? What resolution are you running?
I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

and what is Render Scale set to? Have you got photo geometry on etc?

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

SO I have a high end computer and have set my settings to ULTRA. Yet when I go fly all my trees are very blocky and bulky and not looking realistic as I have seen in some pictures. My FPS is just fine why are my trees so bulky and blocky. Anything I can do to render them better. Again all is on Ultra settings I have a 2080ti and I9-9900k at 5gx and fps is all good just visuals suck still at ultra. Buildings are not realistic and textures are blurry in spots. Any help to fi this would be great. I'm new to MS2020 and the MS flight sim in general.

For Trees theres is a fix

https://github.com/cnorton-webdev/FS2020_Tree_Editor/releases/tag/v1.2.0

Kapitan

Anything I say is...not as serious as you think

Check the General Graphics and Data Settings again, its very easy to “think” everything is ON when they are not: Bing Maps for example. Several times without motive the game would turn off Bing maps, and you only realize its off cause the graphics dont look good

Kapitan

The Devs put more emphasis to locations that are most likely to be visited, like the Coliseum in Rome, the Christ in Brasil, Sydney Theater and such, and left out many others out. For example, if I fly over the city of Beaumont Texas and look at the courthouse, it shows a square building, single floor, when in reality, it is an old 12+ floors tall!!! My old house in the country which had three dormers on the roof and a detached garage all surrounded by a fence, you can only see a fence around a house with no dormers or garage. I checked the locations with MS own Maps, which is what they used to compiled the terrain, and it shows all the details. The AI they used had to map the whole world and bring it up to 3D, and with a product to lunch, I understand the Devs had to make some decisions, but I hope that in the future they will pick up where they left off and improve the scenery. Maybe that's why they didn't give us helicopters yet, cause the closer to the ground the worst it looks.

yes, agree the autogen is sometimes a shoot in the dark in some

places, too random

The world is too big, so there are only too possibilities, hand made addons for each city and improved autogen that "read" the maps as real as possible

Kapitan

What is your internet connection speed? Most of the scenery is stored on the net. If you have a slow internet connection, all your hardware won't help. You might also post a screenshot of your settings page. There are lots of things to manage other than "ultra". You also don't mention your monitor? What resolution are you running?

If your internet speed is too slow, wouldn't the program tell you? I'm assuming it would.

After last update my graphics lost realism, and then I noticed marketplace was grayed out, and if I clicked on my Xbox name in top right, the server showed 'automatic' but didn't actually connect to a server.

So basically, I was getting no Bing map data as not connected to content server.

I had to fire up 'Xbox game bar' app, sign out, then sign back in again. Then restart MSFS and all was good again.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk