In MSFS, is it possible to...?

- Open aircraft doors or windows, hood, etc?

- See splash effects when landing on water?

- Show FPS rate on secreen?

- See any form of "about" statement, in order to check which is the current version, i.e. patch status?

Thanks in advance, best regards.

Windows 10 Home - Intel i7 9700 4.70GHz - 32Gb DDR4 RAM - GeForce GTX 1660 OC 6Gb - Kingston 512Gb SSD - Internet 1Gbps (test 600+ Mbps)

Hi, I don’t think you can open any aircraft doors at the moment, although some used to open so they will again at some point.

There are no splash effects yet.

There are various ways you can display the FPS... the easiest is to press Win+G & click the performance tab (provided you the Xbox game bar installed)

Run the sim in windowed mode (press Alt+Enter) and it tells you the version at the top left

Regards

Steve

Edited by g7rta

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

Hi, I don’t think you can open any aircraft doors at the moment, although some used to open so they will again at some point.

There are no splash effects yet.

Thank you very much, Steve.

Good news those effects might be included in the future, so there is hope!! :)

There are various ways you can display the FPS... the easiest is to press Win+G & click the performance tab (provided you the Xbox game bar installed)

I'm afraid I don't have the Xbox game bar installed. You mentioned "various ways" though. Would you please point out an alternative way which doesn't involve the bar?

Thanks again, best regards.

Windows 10 Home - Intel i7 9700 4.70GHz - 32Gb DDR4 RAM - GeForce GTX 1660 OC 6Gb - Kingston 512Gb SSD - Internet 1Gbps (test 600+ Mbps)

One alternate way is to go to the GENERAL window and turn DEVELOPERS to ON - at the top left in a black ribbon select OPTIONS and then Show FPS. A running display will appear in the top right of the game screen. A great way to go back & forth to check how setting changes affect FPS on your PC. Edited by chicagorandy

"Don't believe everything you see on the internet." - Abe Lincoln HP Pavilion Desktop i5-8400@2.8ghz, 16gb RAM, 1TB M.2 SSD, GTX1650 4GB, 300 MBPS internet, 31.5" curved monitor, Logitech yoke-throttle, Flt Vel trim wheel, TFRP rudder pedals, G/M IR headset, Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Wheel Stand Pro S Dlx

One alternate way is to go to the GENERAL window and turn DEVELOPERS to ON - at the top left in a black ribbon select OPTIONS and then Show FPS. A running display will appear in the top right of the game screen. A great way to go back & forth to check how setting changes affect FPS on your PC.

Funnily enough, I happen to have the Xbox game bar installed after all. Guess it must have been installed along with MSFS itself. I had no idea about it!! :confused:

I'lll be trying your alternate anyway, thank you very much.

No worries. The thing about the Xbox bar is you can also use it to press “record” as I’m sure you’ll see.

It’s a neat tool

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles