Instrument panel hard to see

I run a 27" IPS LED panel and am having a bit of trouble seeing the instruments except in Instrunet view. The characters are big enough and have great resolution but the panel is dark. I have a calibrated monitor (photography). Is that a general problem? I have to turn on the panel lights in daytime. Don't think its my eyes....

Steve

Hi, I'm not having any problem in the daytime seeing the instruments. I can't see them at night in the Cessna 152, as the panel lights seem to not be working (I have to turn on the spotlight or ceiling light).

In the daytime, there are shadows and such as the plane moves around in the sky, but the instruments are generally pretty clear. Not sure what your problem is. Could you post a picture of what you are seeing?

Good luck,

Mark

I run a 27" IPS LED panel and am having a bit of trouble seeing the instruments except in Instrunet view. The characters are big enough and have great resolution but the panel is dark. I have a calibrated monitor (photography). Is that a general problem? I have to turn on the panel lights in daytime. Don't think its my eyes....

Steve

Don't know if this will help, but in the DR400 and C172, which I usually fly, but I can usually mitigate that problem by adjusting the cabin and instrument lights. Usually there are knobs and switches for this. However it took me a while to discover this. So if you didn't know, give it a try.

Ryzen 5 3600X, 16 GB 3733 MTs RAM, Radeon RX5700 OC, 2560 x 1080 Ultrawide