"Landing Gear, Landing Gear, Landing Gear" FIXED

To stop the Landing Gear warning, go to the sound folder within your chosen aircraft folder and open the sound.xml file with Notepad or Notepad++. Scroll down to the section and look for this line:

Change "true" to "false" so the line now looks like:

Save and close the file, relaunch the sim and enjoy peaceful takeoffs and landings once again.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Thanks for that Tim!

I actually reported this months ago to zendesk but I guess they have other priorities. I’ll try your solution later.

Cheers

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

You're welcome Steve, I've been battling with this one on the Citation CJ4 for a couple of days on and off.

I tried re-setting the [GEAR_WARNING_SYSTEM] parameters in the sytems.cfg, even setting gear_warning_available =0, but the sound still played.

I think the gear warning is coded elsewhere, possibly into the model itself somehow, so disabling the sound was Plan B.

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

UPDATE: I found the mystery landing gear code for the Citation CJ4, and it's in the panel.xml.

The panel.xml is a kind of .ini file for all the cockpit environment sounds.

The landing gear warning sections in the panel.xml and the systems.cfg don't match up and that's why it doesn't work properly.

The conditions I've set for the gear warning are:

The plane must be above 500ft (unchanged from default)

The landing gear must be retracted (unchanged from default)

The throttles must be at less than 60%

The flaps must be extended beyond take-off position (15 degrees)

If you've disabled the sound file as described in my first post, please enable it again by changing the "false" value back to "true".

Open the panel.xml with Notepad++ (freeware xml editor) and search for aural_landing_gear.

In that section of code change the GENERAL ENG THROTTLE LEVER POSITION figures from 70 to 60 as below:

The next lines of code need to be replaced altogether because they don't seem to work at all:

I replaced these lines with ones from the Bonanza G36, which do work:

Save and close the panel.xml file.

Open the systems.cfg with Notepad and scroll down to the [GEAR_WARNING_SYSTEM] section.

Replace that section with the one below:

[GEAR_WARNING_SYSTEM]

gear_warning_available = 1 ; Normal

pct_throttle_limit = 0.60000 ; Percent throttle that activates warning

flap_limit_idle = 15.00000 ; Flap angle that activates warning at idle

flap_limit_power = 17.00000 ; Flap angle that activates warning at above idle

Save and close the systems.cfg file.

The Landing Gear warning is now fully operational, but under normal circumstances you should never hear it again!

Edited by tiger1962