how to Start run FS2020 from windows desk top

Help please

I purchased MS2020 and the program installed without problem and at the end of the installation it ran 2020 properly. After closing the computer for break I returned to the computer but cannot find the way to run FS2020 cant find any execute file or run file when examining the program file

I would appreciate if some one could tell how to get the program to run from my windows desk top

Thanks

John Croxford

P.S. Please keep it simple as I am into my 80s and not really computer conptentent

During the installation there should have been an Icon added to your Desktop main screen.

Look for a blue icon with Flight Simulator There will be no mention of 2020 as that is not in the official name.

The official name is simply 'Microsoft Flight Simulator'

Hope this helps.

Hal

Alienware Aurora R13, I7-12700KF, 16g DDR5 4400 memory, 256g NVMe boot drive, 1 - 2t NVMe m.2 drive for Apps, 2 - 1t SSD for Data, GeForce RTX 3080 TI 12g, Windows 11 Pro.

Press the windows key & start typing flight simulator. The sim come up. You can either launch it from there, or if you right click it you should see an option to add to start menu (I think.. I’m at work at moment so I can’t check)

From the start menu you can add a shortcut to the desktop.

You won’t already have a desktop shortcut unless you add one.

Hope this helps

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

You’re welcome John. Glad it’s sorted :)

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

• 9 months later...
This is my 3rd install and since I already used a redeem code once I am afraid I will get no startup icon, even after full installation. The second install I was advised to bypass the redeem code part at the end of install. I did that and ended up here with my 3rd install but I am afraid if I can't get past the redeem part I will end up again, up the creek without a paddle. Ironically, I ordered the boxed version (MSFS2020 Standard Edition) because of all the problems I read about with the downloadable version. I wish there was a way to start MSFS2020 if you get no startup icons. Does anyone know how? I used to be able to startup all previous versions of MSFS thru an execute file if I somehow lost my icons. Now it seems like the third parties all have a stranglehold on Flight Simulator. :(:confused::(:mad:
Intel Core i7 3930K 3.2 GHz, 16GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060, Windows 10

Press the windows key & start typing flight simulator. The sim come up. You can either launch it from there, or if you right click it you should see an option to add to start menu (I think.. I’m at work at moment so I can’t check)

From the start menu you can add a shortcut to the desktop.

You won’t already have a desktop shortcut unless you add one.

Hope this helps

Regards

Steve