Lesson 3 Take Off bug?

Certainly not new to FlightSims, I do know how to takeoff.

I have Aids set to Medium, so all I get is check left right for traffic, taxi.

I was surprised when I started my run up for takeoff, all normal until I get to the Aiming Point. The instructor says I'm going too slow, reset to start. Same thing occurs, and all subsequent attempts.

The later I taxi to the threshold, start from here. I get to around 40nmh, pull up gently to take off before the landing point, slowly gaining speed I'm up to 80nmh probably when I get to the opposite Aiming Point when I should be at about 75. She says I'm too slow again? Played around with mixture to get me up to 2200 rpm.

When I looked up some videos, I saw a complete runthrough, obviously with Aids set to Easy, full instructions the whole time... more to what I expected.

Anyone else see this?

As a check to see if it was just me, skipped to landing... passed, tried free flight around CYYC

Running on Win10 PC, Saitek Yoke w Quatrant, extra Saitek Quadarant for two engine. Calibrate fine, no surprises.

Won't go into the lack of support for my Saitek panels that worked great with FSX

could be so many things... do you have flaps?

mixture must be around 60% cause you are at a 5000 ft airport

because you are using "medium" assistance a lot of things may be triggering, I never turn any assistance on, whats the point? in a lesson? do you want to learn or not?

please in aviation terms, the speed is "knots" not mph

i just did the lesson, took off with one step of flaps, retracted at 200 ft then maintained 75 knots with vertical speed 500ft/min till 5500

Edited by Kapitan

Kapitan

Anything I say is...not as serious as you think