FPS really really low. Something's not right?

Seeing posts from people running MSFS on machines with close to same specs as mine. Some complaining about their fps getting down to around 20. MSFS seems to run okay on my laptop and thinking my machine is not a gaming type, I'm running graphics at medium setting with fps set at 30 But my fps figures are on the wrong side of 20. I'm seeing down to 4 and highest 15. (using Win+G game bar)

Are the specs of my machine up to the the task? I thought they would have been. Or Am I missing something that needs doing in setting up?

Specifications:

Dell Laptop connected to Samsung 28" UE590E UHD monitor

XPS 15 - 7590; Intel Core 9th Generation i7-9750H Processor (6 Core, Up to 4.50GHz, 12MB Cache, 45W);

16GB (2x8GB) 2666MHz DDR4 NonECC;

512GB PCIe M.2 NVMe Class 40 Solid State Drive

Which graphics card does it have?

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

Seeing posts from people running MSFS on machines with close to same specs as mine. Some complaining about their fps getting down to around 20. MSFS seems to run okay on my laptop and thinking my machine is not a gaming type, I'm running graphics at medium setting with fps set at 30 But my fps figures are on the wrong side of 20. I'm seeing down to 4 and highest 15. (using Win+G game bar)

Are the specs of my machine up to the the task? I thought they would have been. Or Am I missing something that needs doing in setting up?

Specifications:

Dell Laptop connected to Samsung 28" UE590E UHD monitor

XPS 15 - 7590; Intel Core 9th Generation i7-9750H Processor (6 Core, Up to 4.50GHz, 12MB Cache, 45W);

16GB (2x8GB) 2666MHz DDR4 NonECC;

512GB PCIe M.2 NVMe Class 40 Solid State Drive

What resolution are you trying to run it at?

The reason I ask is because that monitor's native resolution is 3840 x 2160, which is far too taxing for a GTX 1650:

https://www.samsung.com/uk/monitors/uhd-ue590/LU28E590DSEN/

Thanks to all for your replies. Yes it is a GTX1650. So I tried dropping the resolution down in the sim graphics setting. FPS came up to 20. I'm okay with that at the moment. If I go lower in res I can get more fps. Guess I'll have to sacrifice a little bit of picture quality to get smoother movement.

Maybe have to upgrade the graphics

card later.

Thanks for the vid - I'm still waiting for the inevitable SP1 version of the game, but are the flight dynamics really as crappy as your video seems to indicate? Scenery is pretty of course, but I'd like an airplane sim to react like an airplane in its environment. The jet looks rather 'herky-jerky' and cheesy in its movements in that video.

"Don't believe everything you see on the internet." - Abe Lincoln HP Pavilion Desktop i5-8400@2.8ghz, 16gb RAM, 1TB M.2 SSD, GTX1650 4GB, 300 MBPS internet, 31.5" curved monitor, Logitech yoke-throttle, Flt Vel trim wheel, TFRP rudder pedals, G/M IR headset, Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Wheel Stand Pro S Dlx

My processor is a bit slower than yours and has fewer cores than yours. I have a GTX 1650.

Flying the Textron 152 around downtown Seattle at 2000' and 105 knots I see a steady 32 - 34 fps. Flying the DA 40 with a glass cockpit I see 24 or so fps. The cockpit environment makes a huge difference and that is why I fly my little old steam gauge planes.

1920x1080 with everything set to High or Ultra. Most of the terrain, building, trees, bushes are Ultra. 4x4 AA and TLAA - the two resolution sliders are set to 120. NO AI traffic and road/water traffic is at 30% and airport traffic is 20%

When I get the Savage Cub up to 9,000' and fly around Mt Rainer I see 40 - 44 fps.

Flying the C 152 around downtown San Diego at 1,500' I see 21 - 23 fps.

Your local environment makes a huge difference!

i7-9700K / 32GB DDR4 memory / RTX 3060 Ti with 8GB /Flight Sim on SSD and Win10 on separate SSD / 375 MegaBit / Second internet connection / HP Reverb G2