Saitek/Logitech panels not working with Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020

Steve,

Thanks for the info and advice.

You’re welcome. Hope you get it working.

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

• 1 year later...

Hi, May I continue on this thread with an additional question?

I have X-Plane 11:55 perfectly configured with all the Saitek hardware running perfectly.

Now I want to try the FS2020 by the X Box App in windows 10.

Should I do as you told before:

1) Install drivers (I have them already for XP) So I can pass this one.

2) Install MSFS plugin for msfs. Here is my DOUBT: Will there be conflicts between the plugin for XP and the same plugin for MSFS?

Thanks for your suggestions

Hi Ron,

I can’t say 100% that there won’t be any conflicts.. but it’s probably worth taking the chance. You never know, once you’ve had a play with MSFS you may want to ditch XP anyway :)

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Thank you Steve,

Yes, I will give it a try. I have so much experience now with reinstalling XP ;-) that I can always come back.

In fact, after rethinking, I don't worry about the plugin anymore, as they go into each software as the name says.

The Saitek/Logitech drivers; that's, probably, another history.

The drivers for Panels, Yoke and Rudder work out of the box on both softwares.

The FIP panels is the most tricky one. I use them in XP with the platform of FSX Times Gauges, that does not use the Logitech drivers, but I will have to install those for msfs...

Anyway: Let's go for it and I keep you updated

I hope they are working on the trim wheel problem too. And the multiple monitors.
i7-7700k @ 4.2 Ghz, 16 GB DDR4/3000,2280 SSD M.2,Genome II Case,Nvidia GTX 1080 rear exhaust, Samsung 40" HDTV & Two 24" HP side monitors. Redbird Alloy yoke, pedals, and throttle. A single Saitek Instrument Panel and Cessna trim wheel. Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 speakers. Windows 10 64 bit. 58 measured Mbps.

Thank you Steve,

Yes, I will give it a try. I have so much experience now with reinstalling XP ;-) that I can always come back.

In fact, after rethinking, I don't worry about the plugin anymore, as they go into each software as the name says.

The Saitek/Logitech drivers; that's, probably, another history.

The drivers for Panels, Yoke and Rudder work out of the box on both softwares.

The FIP panels is the most tricky one. I use them in XP with the platform of FSX Times Gauges, that does not use the Logitech drivers, but I will have to install those for msfs...

Anyway: Let's go for it and I keep you updated

Well: Some frustrating hours later.........

MSFS 2020 does not even recognize my keyboard!!

Even taking off the Brake is not possible with key board so I had to toggle with mouse in the Cessna itself.

Then of course, you don't wonder that the Logitech/Saitek stuff is not a lot better.

Yes: The very basics as Yoke and rudder did work so I could take off.

"Of course" No luck with Autopilot , Switch panel and Radios. So; no flaps, no AP use, no Trim....

Anyway: The only reason to persist could be the scenarios, but really; I want to practice my flying, not tourism.

So; Bye Bye MS...... Back to XPlane basics plus waiting for XP 12?

BTW: To get my XP back to normal, I had to uninstall MS plugin, Saitek Trim driver etc. Some of the Logitech items inside XP where disturbed by the later FS install, it seems.

Sorry to had more problems Ron.

I presume you went into the control settings page in MSFS? The new sim is completely different to previous sims and many of the controls needs binding.

I have a Honeycomb throttle unit, but I also have a Saitek unit.. with one of the levers set as the parking brake. It works quite well. The flaps lever on the Honeycomb works well too. The trim wheel also works, although it’s nowhere near as sensitive as it should be.

Regards

Steve

Thank you again, Steve, for your kind assistance.

But I think that FS could have taken care of integrating all those very current equipment as the Logi/Saitek are, to not have to bind or setup all of that.

I mean; I could understand if I wanted to use some home made joystick, but thes are universal from the last decade!

And then; a Keyboard Logitech. Thousands of them completely universal, and FS does not recognize it??

They should have worked more on that and less on putting the kangaroos in the bushes :-)

Regards

Ron

No problem Ron.

Unfortunately Asobo have always been a games company and may not have had much experience with flight sims until now. Which Logitech keyboard do you have? I have the K540 and it’s recognised and works fine.Mind you, I don’t really use it in the sim as I’ve got several peripherals setup.. plus I can’t see really see the keyboard with my VR headset on LOL

Regards

Steve