I am a retired Corporate Pilot and Flying Instructor.

I have owned every FS and P3D program that has been published.

So like most enthusiasts, pre-purchased FS2020 anticipating that it would be the ultimate sim package.

Unfortunately, there are a couple of things (due to my inexperience, no doubt) I am unable to make work....

1 Where is the manual

2 Where is the Menu/Options bar, usually along the top of screen

3 How do I change aircraft without starting over

4 How do I switch to 2d cockpit

5 How can I get it to talk to (interface with) my Thrustmaster or CH products controller

6 How do I re-position an aircraft on a map and set altitude, heading and speed

7 How do I find a helicopter that works with this program

8 How can I speed up the loading time

9 How do I set up another screen for forward view

10 How do I re-play a scenario (eg ILS)

11 How do I refuel

12 How do I set failures or realism

13 Where is the Instrument panel dropdown

14 Where is the help menu

15 Where is the list of shortcut keys

Other than the above tiny issues, I am delighted with the garbage - I mean - product.

Hopefully I can help some. I will say that a lot of the old key bindings and GUI layout is no longer the same... so that will take a bit of getting used to.

1 Where is the manual-- No idea

2 Where is the Menu/Options bar, usually along the top of screen -- No longer with us .

3 How do I change aircraft without starting over -- You cant

4 How do I switch to 2d cockpit -- You cant

5 How can I get it to talk to (interface with) my Thrustmaster or CH products controller -- Options, Controls. Scroll to the right at the top of the screen to set your bindings.

6 How do I re-position an aircraft on a map and set altitude, heading and speedhave not tried the slew features y

7 How do I find a helicopter that works with this program-- None available yet

8 How can I speed up the loading time -- Installl on an SSD

9 How do I set up another screen for forward view -- No idea

10 How do I re-play a scenario (eg ILS)

11 How do I refuel -- Call for fuel while on the ground

12 How do I set failures or realism -- Options, Assistance. Go through all the drop downs to choose the level of difficulty and set failures

13 Where is the Instrument panel dropdown

15 Where is the list of shortcut keys -- Options, Controls. There you can set them to anything you want

Cooler Master MC500M case, ASUS ROG MAXIMUS XI Hero MoBo, 64g G.SKILL TridentZ RGB DDR4 Ram, Intel i9- 9900k @5.1Ghz, Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML240R, Nvidia RTX 2080TI, 10TB of storage (2 of that on m.2 970evo SSDs) Running in 3840x2160.

“ 3 How do I change aircraft without starting over -- You cant”

Actually, going by a post on this forum yesterday, you might be able to. I haven’t done it myself yet, but apparently there’s an option if you enable developer mode.

I will try it myself later

As for refuelling, you ask for ground services (atc menu) if they’re available.

The smaller airfields have a fuel station. You park your (GA aircraft) along side and a menu pops up

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

I have just tried changing my aircraft without restarting & I can confirm.. yes you can! :)

Developer mode needs to be on.

Go into options.. general.. developers (tab at bottom left) & switch it on.

An old style menu bar will appear at the top left of your screen.

While flying (or at an airport etc) using this menu bar.. click on Windows & then aircraft selector.

A list of available aircraft drops down (I had to drag mine down a bit)

I chose a different aircraft & it loaded in a matter of seconds. :)

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

I know, it’s fantastic isn’t it? You can also change location, although when I tried that i found myself stuck in the ground slightly & it took a few moments for the scenery to appear.

It was another post on here somewhere (can’t remember which topic) where it mentioned how to do this. I just wanted to try it for myself & im so glad I did :)

I’ve kept my developer mode on & o haven’t noticed any drops in performance.

Regards

Steve

Developper Mode freezes my mouse, which is already laggin and erratic

First I thought was the battery, then I reset it, unpluggued the bluetooth chip to another usb

could it be a conflict with simconnect or the lack of Fsuipc, Pete Dawson please com and help!!

Kapitan

Anything I say is...not as serious as you think

• 2 months later...

1 where is the manual. There is none

2 Where is the Menu/Options bar, usually along the top of screen menu hidden until you move mouse top center of screen

3 How do I change aircraft without starting over need to be in developer mode. Open change aircraft window

4 How do I switch to 2d cockpit. None

5 How can I get it to talk to (interface with) my Thrustmaster or CH products controller don't know

6 How do I re-position an aircraft on a map and set altitude, heading and speed. There a teleport window on developer menu

7 How do I find a helicopter that works with this program. There is none

8 How can I speed up the loading time. a program called jumpstart will speed it up 30%

9 How do I set up another screen for forward view can't

10 How do I re-play a scenario (eg ILS) can't

11 How do I refuel. there's a key you can assign to repair and refuel in flight

12 How do I set failures or realism settings. In menu

13 Where is the Instrument panel dropdown. none

15 Where is the list of shortcut keys-- a thread on this forum lists all the keys

Other than the above tiny issues, I am delighted with the garbage - I mean - product.--yea it's a bitter pill to swallow for people used to good flight simulators.