MSFS 2020--Has anyone found how to go to a location?

There is a little search bar on the left of your world map screen, there you can paste the gps coördinates of any location and then you can spawn there but you can only spawn in the air they have not yet implemented a way to spawn cold and dark somewhere on the ground yet.

What's the procedure, ithis thing is half baked!!, thank you I"ll try. This is basic if you want to go to avery specific place like an airstrip out in the jungle, which is Not in the sim...Thank You Edited by sky44

There is a little search bar on the left of your world map screen, there you can paste the gps coördinates of any location and then you can spawn there but you can only spawn in the air they have not yet implemented a way to spawn cold and dark somewhere on the ground yet.

Tried this, but it will not accept a paste and writing the coordinates does not work

It will work if you type in the latitude and longitude in decimal form, e.g. N38.7615 W79.3384

This will place your plane at that location. Coordinates written as degrees-minutes-seconds (e.g. 33 14 43) will not work; they have to be converted first to decimal form, but this can easily be done in your computer -- just search for "coordinates converter" and it will bring up a simple tool to do this.

You can use slew mode to make adjustments in the exact location of the plane.

• 2 months later...
There is a nice video by squirrel on YouTube msfs2020 on how to find any house. Try it.

No need to go through that multi-step operation in the video, which doesn't really address the question here anyway -- it tells you how to "find" a place starting at a nearby airport, but not how to go to a specific geographic location. There are two very easy methods to place any aircraft anywhere you want:

(1) Simply enter the latitude and longitude of the desired location in the flight setup screen as noted above (and I think it will now accept either decimal or degrees-minutes-seconds format). If you have the plane in slew mode, then you can hit F1 after it is moved, to place it on the ground.

(2) My favorite -- use VFRmap (a readily available freeware addon) to teleport to any spot on the globe.

• 2 years later...

Hello fellow pilots from 2020 - this is 2023 speaking ;)

The recent versions of Sky Dolly introduced the „Location“ module that lets you capture, add, edit and teleport to your own custom locations. Including support for „cold and dark“ starts. Useful e.g. when you want to define your own helipad or airstrip without „parking“.

You can either „capture“ the current location in MSFS, or simply paste GPS coordinates (in various DMS and decimal number formats) into the location table.

I am thinking of getting this sim. and I have question about the same sort of thing.

I have got FSX pretty much as I like it,( but I wouldn’t mind my computer

a bit more powerful.)

However what I really like about it is , when I fly from A to B, particularly in airliners, I haven’t got the time to sit all through the whole flight, so when I reach cruise Fl, I could go to the menu and click World/Map. and would see my little black plane on the magenta line running from Departure to destination. I click and hold on the plane and move it along the magenta line to a point I “guesstimate “

to be just before Descent begins.

I go back into the cockpit and on the ATC menu I request IFR clearance( which I’m given).

I then continue and finalise the flight from there.

My question is, can I do the same in MS2020,?

Thanks

You can't open the World Map screen when in flight, but there is a VFR map in the pull-down menu which shows your aircraft and flight plan. You can re-position and re-size the VFR map window, and zoom in or out as desired.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Thanks for your reply…so the answer is .. No, I cannot curtail the flight time , similar to how I describe.

I find that odd in that….. do MS seriously expect a simmer flying from say, Chicago to L.A. under IFR , to be sat at his computer for that length of time?

Just to be clear about your reply. You say I can reposition the VFR map, …Which doesn’t mean I can reposition my plane within the map, and thus the flight.?

You can increase the sim rate x2, x4, x8 and x16 etc., and there are a few add-ons available which make it much simpler than the default keyboard method and they show the rate on-screen which isn't available by default.

There is a VFR map mod (add-on) called FSPM which allows you to "teleport" your plane.

A lot of features which aren't available (yet) by default can be added by freeware or payware add-ons, take a look at the https://flightsim.to/ Utilities section for all the freeware stuff.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

You can increase the sim rate x2, x4, x8 and x16 etc., and there are a few add-ons available which make it much simpler than the default keyboard method and they show the rate on-screen which isn't available by default.

There is a VFR map mod (add-on) called FSPM which allows you to "teleport" your plane.

A lot of features which aren't available (yet) by default can be added by freeware or payware add-ons, take a look at the https://flightsim.to/ Utilities section for all the freeware stuff.

Yes, well I have used the 2x, 4x etc in the past but that messes up the instructions from ATC( or are there no such instructions in MS2020 like there are in FSX)

This begs the question as to who has flown from one side of U.S. to the other, and have you done it without sitting at your computer for hours on end?

I cannot believe that MS has not repeated the function from FSX where you can cut out the middle,part of the flight.

Tbh, I’m not so sure that readers here are understanding exactly what it is I’m referring to (in FSX).

The replies suggest that!

Yes you can fly from one side of the States to the other and use a speedup from several sources and still get ATC enroute, obviously if you are at 16X it might get confusing, but I often guesstimate an access point to get back in and get a clearance for an IFR approach. You might try FsSimrate as an option,

Windows 11 MB MSI X-570 -A Pro, CPU--AMD Ryzen 5-5600 3.7 GHz, 6 core, 16G Ram, DDR 3600 MHz AMD Radeon 6800 Graphics card.

Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, Saitek Autopilot and Switch panel, Echo (Arduino build) autopilot and controller, Saitek Rudder pedals. 3 Monitors.

Oculus Rift 2 Virtual Reality headset.

I currently do not have my pc running, but I think I remember seeing in a pull down menu the option to go to the arrival time line of a flight plan. Ive used it a time or two. Next time I get to fire up the computer again I'll post specific details.

I currently do not have my pc running, but I think I remember seeing in a pull down menu the option to go to the arrival time line of a flight plan. Ive used it a time or two. Next time I get to fire up the computer again I'll post specific details.

Yes, there is a pull down menu option to travel to some preselected portion of the flight. For example Descent as Cas141 asked about.