Where to purchase?

When I go to the Microsoft web site to preorder FS2020 sometimes it displays a window stating that it has detected I am in Australia and gives me the option to remain in the USA part of the website or go to the Australian part.

As it will be a download is there any difference where I purchase it from and download from?

I have just views some Youtube videos from a chap who lives in the Central Coast on NSW (state) and I could not get over the detail. He pointed out things like the local social club which he claimed looks just like it real one and the bridge was in two parts (one for each direction) and the cars drive on the left side of the road as they do here yet this scenery is not enhanced. The only thing he said wasn't quite true was the height of the trees which show higher than they really are but did not complain and I certainly wouldn't either.

But he did make one complaint about that arrow with the distance from the airport he departed from (shown in the image just above the bridge) and stated that it annoyed him and he couldn't work out how to get rid of it. Does anyone know?

I can't wait to get my hands on this.

newcastle.jpg

John

Gigabyte Z390 UD Intel Core i7-9700K 3.60 Ghz Dual 16Gb DDR4 2666

Gigabyte RTX2060 OC 6GB 2 X 256MB SSD drives 1 X 500GB HDD

Windows 10 64bit Home Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick

Tuesday we'll know, dont worry now

must be "user navigation tips" enabled

in settings.

Im in Brazil and it too redirect

my purchase to microsoft Brazil, which I quite liked because the price conversion was

cheaper at the current exchange rate.

Kapitan

Anything I say is...not as serious as you think

I think you need to click on Australia when the website detects it, that way you will be charged in Australian dollars rather than US dollars.

I seem to think I had a similar message when I ordered it (except it said UK)

As for the arrows I can’t really comment, but I wouldn’t worry about it :)

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

When I go to the Microsoft web site to preorder FS2020 sometimes it displays a window stating that it has detected I am in Australia and gives me the option to remain in the USA part of the website or go to the Australian part.

As it will be a download is there any difference where I purchase it from and download from?

I have just views some Youtube videos from a chap who lives in the Central Coast on NSW (state) and I could not get over the detail. He pointed out things like the local social club which he claimed looks just like it real one and the bridge was in two parts (one for each direction) and the cars drive on the left side of the road as they do here yet this scenery is not enhanced. The only thing he said wasn't quite true was the height of the trees which show higher than they really are but did not complain and I certainly wouldn't either.

But he did make one complaint about that arrow with the distance from the airport he departed from (shown in the image just above the bridge) and stated that it annoyed him and he couldn't work out how to get rid of it. Does anyone know?

I can't wait to get my hands on this.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]220841[/ATTACH]

He was having his co-pilot do his check lists for him. It had something to do with waiting to do something before he entered the runway a\Nd he didn’t do it, so it didn’t get checked off the list. It left that ugly marker on his screen.

I9-10900kf, gtx3090, 32gb ddr 4 3200mhz, 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD

internet - 300+ mbs / Honycomb Alpha yoke, Alienware monitor 34 inch @ 3440 x 1440

Im in Brazil and it too redirect

my purchase to microsoft Brazil, which I quite liked because the price conversion was

cheaper at the current exchange rate.

You are lucky as it doesn't seem to work that way here in Australia. Taking currently conversion rates it would be 15% cheaper to buy at the US price than the Australian price and I prefer to save.

"He was having his co-pilot do his check lists for him. It had something to do with waiting to do something before he entered the runway a\Nd he didn’t do it, so it didn’t get checked off the list. It left that ugly marker on his screen. "

I must (try to) remember that and maybe post something to him on Youtube.

Edited by jparnold
add ANOTHER REPONSE

John

That's (most of it) it. We have 10% GST (tax) and all Goods and Services,

John

I don’t know if you’re still interested JP... but it appears a company called “The Gamesmen” is selling the boxed version in Australia

https://www.gamesmen.com.au/microsoft-flight-simulator-premium-deluxe-edition?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI956n_5ef6wIVTwwrCh2k1gxdEAQYASABEgKoKvD_BwE

I’ve never heard of them (but then I’m in the UK) & if it was me I’d still go for the download instead but you might want to take a look.

Regards

Steve

Edited by g7rta

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

Yes The Gamesmen have been around for some years here in Australia and seem to have just started to advertise FS2020. It is the boxed edition obviously and the state that they will post 2 days before the release date in an effort to have it in your postbox the day of release BUT in fact it could be in your post box a few hours BEFORE the official release date which is 2PM on 18 August here in Australia.

I would buy the boxed set but don't like the idea of having to have disk 1 in your DVD drive everytime you want too use it.

Thanks for the reply.

John

Could the difference be due (at least in part) to sales tax? IIRC US prices often don’t include sales tax, due to there being different rates in different states.

I'm in Texas. I always get charged sales tax with games that I buy. And everything else I buy online too I get charged sales tax.

I'm in Texas. I always get charged sales tax with games that I buy. And everything else I buy online too I get charged sales tax.

Yeah, I’m in the UK so there’s a good chance I’m wrong about how it works in the US. Does the advertised sticker price include sales tax though?

In the UK, advertised B2C prices usually include sales tax. I’m guessing it’s the same in Aus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk