Missing Missions: FSX Gold

ugellin

Hey everyone!

I have been looking for solutions to this and haven't found one yet. I have MS FSX Gold Edition and should have 80+ missions, but I don't.

I am running on an old Toshiba Satellite C655 laptop haha. I have factory reset it so it runs FSX fine and I used to have it on here a long time ago, but it was uninstalled and reinstalled since then. (I am also running win 10).

All this to be said, when I launch the game and go to missions, it seems as if I am only seeing the default missions from the base game and it doesn't seem to be recognizing the add-on missions.

Additionally, I do not see the default F-18 aircraft which will explain the missing aircraft carrier missions. But even when going into the files, I don't see any "military missions" in the missions folder. As stated, it seems like there are only default missions.

I have since tried the "repair" option as well.

I'm curious if this may have to do with having tried updating my scenery texture at one point. But since then, I have uninstalled the whole game and reinstalled it to bring back default settings and that didn't help.

I have the CD/DVD version from back in high school and I can only think my disk data has become somehow corrupt? If anyone knows a way of installing the game from a different source, I still have my CD key codes. I'm curious if that might solve it?

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Are you sure you have Acceleration installed and not just Deluxe? Did you do 2 separate activations? Do you see FSX Acceleration installed under Control Panel/Programs?

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Hey mrzippy!

Thanks for responding.

FSX gold comes with two disks, so on install I put disk one in, it asked for disk two, and I put it in. It did only ask for one activation key code (deluxe) and I Was not asked to input the acceleration code.

I just looked online though and I think you may be right. Is the gold FSX supposed to have 3 disks or 2? I might have to go digging around to find the third, unless you know of a place to download that and I can use my CD activation code.

I can’t believe I may have just been overlooking the fact that I misplaced a disk. But I did think I saw the F-18 upon first installing it again. I’ll check

FSX Gld Edition should have 3 discs. First 2 load Deluxe version that has to be activated. Then Disc 3 loads Acceleration and also has to be activated. Then all Missions should be there including the F-18 Hornet.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️