Elevator trim button sensitivity

defaid

Could anyone tell me if I can reduce the sensitivity of the joystick pitch trim button for a given aeroplane?

It's not the repeat rate that's the problem -- it's the incremental change of trim caused by one press. On some aircraft it seems to be about 0.1° per press, while on others it's as much as 0.5° (unless it's just my ropey old joystick). I'd like the finer control for making some test flights.

Thanks very much.

D

Thanks again Tom.

Elevator_trim_effectiveness didn't work in quite the way I'd imagined. It seems to mimic different sizes of trim tab rather than affecting the change of the tab's angle per click (AFSD shows the same change of angle for all settings).

On the other hand it had exactly the overall effect I wanted, which is to give finer control of indicated speed for a given throttle setting.

D

Being different again, I modify the value in the air file table 1101, for Pitch - Cm_dt Pitch moment - Trim =x. The value of x pure guesswork, but in general less than the current value. One does though have to be careful & leave sufficient for the difference between flaps & U/Cart up or Down.

Keith