Cannot find the scenery

asos

I installed uss_mdwy.zip and mdwyusup.zip and I cannot find the scenery in the sim.

The author is uknown and provides no email for help that might be needed--inexcusable, in my view!!

Can anyone help please..

Nick

Are the add-ons added to the scenery.cfg or simply placed in the add-ons scenery folder?

You can search for a file in those zips with Everything.exe and it will lead to its path.

https://www.voidtools.com/downloads/

You can search for a file in those zips with Everything.exe and it will lead to its path.

Tht's indeed a very useful tool. But you should know what you have to search for. And that's Nick's problem.

Anyway, the simplest way is do run every time excecutable files into a temporary folder. In doing so you know what and where you should add files and folders. And that's not limited to just some few addons available here and elsewhere ...

Bernard

Edited by leuen

I think Nick is saying that he's installed the USS Midway scenery OK, he just can't find the ship's location in the sim. This scenery is part of the Battle of Midway sceneries for FS2004, so the ship will be somewhere in the Midway or Mariana Island area. Edited by tiger1962

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Tht's indeed a very useful tool. But you should know what you have to search for.

No, it's not a problem. You extract the zip files, chose a file's name and search for that file name in Everything.exe. It will show you two possible locations of that file. One in the extracted location you just extracted and the other where you installed the scenery to.

If you don't know where Midway is, look here and note its ICAO.

Click image for larger.

L4LFe.md.jpg

I'd download the files and check to see where it's all at, but I don't have an active subscription here right now allowing me a faster download and both files are like 50 MB a piece.