24 bit BMP to 32 bit BMP...

CsCsanad

Hello!

So I had this idea that I will try to make a repaint for every hungarian registered Antonov AN-2s. I found Tim Conrad's freeware AN-2 (AN-2T & AN-2 V Floats Package on simviation.com). It comes with a few repaints and a white texture to make custom repaints easier to do. However, the white textures are in 24 bit BMP format, while every other textures are in 32 bit BMP format. (Using the 24 bit one on the aircraft made it completely black.) I can't find a way to convert it to 32 bit BMP in DXTBmp, so I used a website instead. First I converted the 24 bit BMP into a 32 bit DDS, then I converted that DDS file into a 32 bit BMP, using the site.

I thought this will work... well I couldn't be more wrong (see picture) an2.png

Is there any way to convert a 24 bit BMP into a 32 bit one? I really hope there is...

Thank you for your assistance in advance!

DDS textures are stored upside down. This is suppose to to be more efficient so FSX does not have to flip it over on the fly while rendering. BMP's are flipped over on the fly.

If you convert textures from BMP to DDS (or vice-versa), you must flip the texture and alpha in the graphics program.

It looks like your converted texture is not correctly oriented because the lights are in the wrong place.

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro