Suggested Hardware for newer to flight sims

Hi All -

Wanted to get some suggestions for what computer, or specs of a computer, that you suggest, to purchase for a flight sim. For now, I am using for XPlane-11, but will possibly migrating to MS FS2020 when it launches. I am also interested in trying some of the ATC options as add-ons. Was hoping to spend less than $1000 if possible, but if necessary could go higher.

I am a private pilot (S.E.L.) and have my instrument rating. I realize that different people have different goals and what is important to them. For me, my main goal is to try to keep my skills sharp (especially now during this pandemic) at home. Therefore I am mainly focused on procedures and checklists - and less on stick and rudder skills or running lots of screens. I have a couple of MacBooks (2011 and 2014) in the house that I am running XPlane-11 on currently, but they do not quite have the horsepower to keep up with the sim. They tend to lag and the clock does not keep up even when I lower the graphics to a minimum. I have not gotten the ATC up and running yet on these systems either. So time to get something new!

Thanks in advance for all of your suggestions.

If FS2020 is on your wish list, a number of websites detail the recommended system requirements or it. It is a bit demanding. It starts with an i7 core processor if memory serves.

I'm quite satisfied with FSX -Steam Edition, and having just fried my old desktop, went out and bought this budget rig-

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07WNXRP4D/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It MORE than meets FSX demands and will pair nicely with the new Acer 32" HD curved screen monitor that replaces my 23" flat screen.

I recently wanted to enhance my sim experience so a Logitech yoke and throttle quadrant and Thrustmaster rudder pedals are anxiously waiting in the 'hangar' for the PC to get here and up and running - lol

Happy shopping.

"Don't believe everything you see on the internet." - Abe Lincoln HP Pavilion Desktop i5-8400@2.8ghz, 16gb RAM, 1TB M.2 SSD, GTX1650 4GB, 300 MBPS internet, 31.5" curved monitor, Logitech yoke-throttle, Flt Vel trim wheel, TFRP rudder pedals, G/M IR headset, Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Wheel Stand Pro S Dlx