A2A P-40 no sound in 2D

I'm am very grateful for the P-40 that A2A has offered and it's a terrific plane. There is no 2D cockpit provided, but there are some instances where are prefer just to use the minipanel afforded that pops up cycling the "W" key (like short final in unimproved strips) However, when I do so and leave the VC where the sound is fine, I lose the interior sounds. Outside view is no issue, and in the VC is ok.. Can I correct this anyway,?? Thank you for any and all suggestions... Again... this is a super download...

I9-10850K, Mugen 5 cooler, Gigagbyte Aorus Z490 Master, 2TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2, 1TB Samsung 970 Plus, 2TB Samsung 870evo, Corsair RM-850, G-Skill DDR-4 3600, Lian Li LanCool Mesh, Nvidia 3070Ti, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, MFG Crosswind pedals, Win10 Pro

Mr. Z.. so true..however, my peripheral vision isn't what it was 30 years ago. I'd hate to prang a new airplane in the hangar.;)

I9-10850K, Mugen 5 cooler, Gigagbyte Aorus Z490 Master, 2TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2, 1TB Samsung 970 Plus, 2TB Samsung 870evo, Corsair RM-850, G-Skill DDR-4 3600, Lian Li LanCool Mesh, Nvidia 3070Ti, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, MFG Crosswind pedals, Win10 Pro

Mr. Z.. so true..however, my peripheral vision isn't what it was 30 years ago. I'd hate to prang a new airplane in the hangar.;)

I am going to try an experiment...I have an IRIS P-40 with a 2D cockpit. I will see if it will go into the A2A model and work. May take a few whacks with my big hammer! ;)

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

My little video card is maxing out with the glare. If the sun is up, I can barely see through the windshield of the VC. 2D is ok..that's another reason.... Time for a new 'puter...

Interesting observation:

When I changed views using the coolie hat, when the view changed, engine sounds returned in that view. When I returned to front view, engine sounds quit....Perhaps there's something in the sound.cfg...

Operation Success!:o.. Sure enough, the engine sounds were tagged to be present in outside view (code 2 only). I changed to a blank signifying sounds present at all times.. Works all the time.... Thanks for your support Mr. Z..BTW, how did the panel mod turn out? I just might have that IRIS airplane on the back lot somewhere...

Edited by simtech95209
additional info

Total failure for a 2D cockpit and could not even get a mini panel to show. By hitting the a key, you can change to the clear view without any panel or instruments. For whatever reason, I guess my windscreen got covered with oil or something! :( All sounds were good in the clear, forward view.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Yes, my views are clear when not looking through the VC. But, thankfully that wonderful engine sound is back in all views... Thank you for trying the other 2D panel...This panel is fine, just that at middle of the day, the glare is extreme and my poor video card only sees shades of grey...:(